+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The new Maradonna

The new Maradonna

The hand of rod !!!!!!!

Loving it.riling the vilers.if the ref and linesman don't see it they have to give the goal.loving it just loving it

Name:  F6B511C2-3C97-4119-B9B0-29724F74B599.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  27.4 KB

Shocking, just shocking!

Lego, Action Men and Tonka toys spilled out of the Smethwick onto the pitch in disgust!

Villa have always had the run of the ball in the derby matches.

I shall loff myself to sleep tonight.

Just watched it on sky a few times and for me it's ball to hand.there is a differce with hand to ball and seemingly the ref and linesman were blind sided to it so they have to give it into.the bikers don't complain when greasy jack Conn's refs by going down as if pole axed to win his free kicks do they?

Ball to hand isn't deliberate handball and shouldn't be judged as such.
    However, to avoid controversy refs nowadays tend to give them all.
    Same with fouls. They are given for just about any contact, deliberate or not.

I was going to make exactly the same point. The rule states that it is handball if the hand strikes the ball and NOT if the ball strikes the ball. Yes, the ball did hit the hand, possibly twice, but neither were deliberate and therefore the goal should stand. Fans today think that any time the ball hits the hand that it's handball; they obviously don't know the rule. I can fully understand Villa's reaction as I'm sure we would have reacted in the same way but having said this, the ref. was correct in his decision.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 08-12-2018 at 07:44 AM.

To be fair to J Rod he knows the ball has hit his hand and lies on the floor waiting for the whistle, it's not his fault the officials didn't give it so it certainly wasn't deliberate.

There seemed no intent to handle the ball. But if a pen is given just because the ball hits the hand then Albion should have had one when it more obviously struck Chester’s hand.

Good point Q!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)