+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Dear What A Shame

Oh Dear What A Shame

Anyone got any sympathy?

Manchester United face a wait for the Premier League title if rivals Manchester City continue to spend, according to manager Jose Mourinho.

United have not won the league since 2012-13 and Mourinho's side are already eighth and 18 points adrift of reigning champions City after 15 matches this season.

The Red Devils, who are winless in their past four Premier League matches, finished 19 points behind City last term and Mourinho warned the club's trophy drought could continue unless City's spending is reined in.

"I don't know," Mourinho said when asked how long it would be before United won the Premier League again.

"It depends on our evolution but also others' evolution. If the ones above us keep going in the same direction, and if their ambition and investment is continuous, that’s one thing.

"Another thing is if they stop, or if the Financial Fair Play makes them stop, and then we can close the gap a little bit better."

The irony is so sweet
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-12-2018 at 02:16 AM.

To be honest I'd like to see 4 or 5 clubs really challenge City in the PL .

City strolling it again as good as they are I find boring .

I also live with a Manc who is from a family of Mancs , her eldest son will be at OT today , towing the party line is perhaps better for home harmony exile , although I have to say at times I'm pyssing myself inside .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be honest I'd like to see 4 or 5 clubs really challenge City in the PL .

City strolling it again as good as they are I find boring .

I also live with a Manc who is from a family of Mancs , her eldest son will be at OT today , towing the party line is perhaps better for home harmony exile , although I have to say at times I'm pyssing myself inside .
    My eldest son is a Leeds fan & I mean a Leeds fan
    Never ever misses a game home or away & has done so for over 30 years lives in Warwickshire so no plastic fan he
    Even going to Australia next year to watch a pre season game
    It was the irony of Jose "complaining " of the money spent by City I was really highlighting
    What goes around comes around eh?
    so I know all about harmony mate
    And are you a man or a mouse ? tell them & change the locks I know where there's a spare padlock going free
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-12-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    My eldest son is a Leeds fan & I mean a Leeds fan
    Never ever misses a game home or away & has done so for over 30 years lives in Warwickshire so no plastic fan he
    Even going to Australia next year to watch a pre season game
    It was the irony of Jose "complaining " of the money spent by City I was really highlighting
    What goes around comes around eh?
    so I know all about harmony mate
    And are you a man or a mouse ? tell them & change the locks I know where there's a spare padlock going free
    It's kind of an understanding exile , the classic relationship compromise .

She pulls for Barnsley and I'm supposed to outwardly pull for United .

Inside is perhaps another story , when Newcastle were 2-0 ,up at OT recently I was willing them on big time , inside of course .

It's kind of an understanding exile , the classic relationship compromise .

She pulls for Barnsley and I'm supposed to outwardly pull for United .

Inside is perhaps another story , when Newcastle were 2-0 ,up at OT recently I was willing them on big time , inside of course .
    Mouse it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Anyone got any sympathy?

Manchester United face a wait for the Premier League title if rivals Manchester City continue to spend, according to manager Jose Mourinho.

United have not won the league since 2012-13 and Mourinho's side are already eighth and 18 points adrift of reigning champions City after 15 matches this season.

The Red Devils, who are winless in their past four Premier League matches, finished 19 points behind City last term and Mourinho warned the club's trophy drought could continue unless City's spending is reined in.

"I don't know," Mourinho said when asked how long it would be before United won the Premier League again.

"It depends on our evolution but also others' evolution. If the ones above us keep going in the same direction, and if their ambition and investment is continuous, that’s one thing.

"Another thing is if they stop, or if the Financial Fair Play makes them stop, and then we can close the gap a little bit better."

The irony is so sweet

Don't recall the moaning sod saying a word when he enjoyed his Chelsea boss spending like there was no tomorrow

Couldn't give a **** about prem rather watch Sunday local oh I forgot I'm watching it every other Saturday at oakwell

United's spend is up there with the biggest I would imagine in recent seasons. The likes of lukaku Pogba sanchez etc don't come cheap, neither are their wages. They ain't exactly living on skid row. I feel for mourinho, it must be so difficult working on a mediocre budget with such large expectations. The pill0ck needs to go to Halfords and get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    United's spend is up there with the biggest I would imagine in recent seasons. The likes of lukaku Pogba sanchez etc don't come cheap, neither are their wages. They ain't exactly living on skid row. I feel for mourinho, it must be so difficult working on a mediocre budget with such large expectations. The pill0ck needs to go to Halfords and get a grip
    He's paid out the all the right money for the wrong players .

Pogba at times is just a show boating fuq wit , imagine Keano tolerating him , me neither .

Players such as Gary Neville , Paul Scholes and Giggs had United running through their veins .

The present United is just a collection of individuals and egos and not a team .

The United players of the past were superstars on mega money but they had something way above that and that was desire , second was b@llax .

The manager like him or loath him wouldn't have second best .

He's paid out the all the right money for the wrong players .

Pogba at times is just a show boating fuq wit , imagine Keano tolerating him , me neither .

Players such as Gary Neville , Paul Scholes and Giggs had United running through their veins .

The present United is just a collection of individuals and egos and not a team .

The United players of the past were superstars on mega money but they had something way above that and that was desire , second was b@llax .

The manager like him or loath him wouldn't have second best .

Thaz pretty much hit nail on eeard wi that post mate.