+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sponsored walk to Hillsborough....Give local kids a Christmas treat

Sponsored walk to Hillsborough....Give local kids a Christmas treat

Ey op everybody.
    I'm going all Bob Geldof here, but over 30 of us are doing a sponsored walk from Bridge Inn Rotherham to Hillsborough today in aid of Hallam FM Mission Christmas, Cash for kids appeal.
    Basically raising money to get Christmas presents for kids in the area who normally wouldn't get anything for whatever reasons.
    So far we have raised over £2700 from online donations alone plus much more to come from people's sponsor forms, a big raffle we're having on return from Hillsborough, bucket collections etc.
    I myself have raised £320 altogether so far and if anybody could spare anything, however much you can afford could you please send via the online link below please......i've transferred all my sponsor form money to the online page now so just online for me now please...makes things a lot easier.
    A massive collection of presents have already been bought with some of the money raised so far and the rest will be bought this week when all monies are in.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read this......and hopefully we're coming back from Hillsborough with no blisters and 3 points.
    Merry Christmas Millers xx

https://www.cashforkidsgive.co.uk/ca...JpXl-fWznAvIso

I mentioned it on another thread Zip.

That’s a fantastic amount and a good job being done by you all.

Hallam will be outside NYS next home game asking for selection boxes to be handed over.

Good luck to you all, hope the weather is going to be nicer but I doubt it so wrap up well and not too many pub stops 😉

Good man Zip, Im in

6:5k raised on the walk alone. That’s brilliant. See you in the bridge later for the raffle.

I’ve donated a Yorkshire football club hat and scarf to the raffle. Someone bought them me but I won’t wear them because they’re blue and white.
    Be just my luck that I win them back.

First I've heard of this. Excellent work by everyone, well done.

Fantastic day and over 8k raised (and rising) at the moment.
    Not too knowledgeable on that area being a dingle, but it was on canal towpath to Tinsley and Attercliffe....quick beer stop at Premier Inn then through Meadowhall and a massive hill about Fir Vale/Wincobank i think.
    Just over an hour in Devonshire Arms then all downhill to Hillsborough in very heavy rain.
    Called in Hallam FM for a quick tour and to see all the Christmas presents and Mail bags ready to send out to the little bairns which was very overwhelming.
    Back to Bridge for big raffle draw after game then more drinks in Rhino and County before a taxi home.
    Sore left foot from walk and no voice from match but an amazing day happy in the knowledge that we will be putting a smile on kids faces on Christmas day.
    Thank you so much to everybody who has donated and sent good wishes.
    Bless you all xx

Fantastic achievement. Well done Zippy, the team of volunteers and all those that donated.