+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raul Jimenez

Raul Jimenez

Reputedly it will take 38 million Euros to make him a Wolves player. Is he worth that?

In my view he’s a tireless worker, but will at best be worth 10
    Goals a season, a similar number of assists, and his defensive contribution. Does that make his value that much greater than Adobe, seven times the value of Bonatini?

I think he has been excellent for Wolves. A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for him. I actually think the reported fee is steep though. I also think he offers so much more than both Afobe and Bonatini.

I can’t imagine he’d cost that much. If he was that valuable, his club wouldn’t have let him go out on loan to begin with. He’d be at their club helping them win games or already been sold for a solid fee.

We could get a better player for that much. Not to say he hasn’t been good for us. Does a lot of important things for the team. But if we are spending almost 40 mil, that player would be expected to score 10 goals or more the rest of the season

I agree that Jimenez offers more than Afobe and Bonatini, also that his clubs valuation is high, I’ll be shocked if we pay that much for him.

It surprising really that given how through Nuno and the club are that they went into a premier season with 2 forwards (with one of those allegedly shot) and no midfield enforcer but hopefully in January we will strengthen the squad. I guess Nuno puts great store into having a tight squad ?

I like Jimenez and think he is a big asset to the team. We all know what he does well and the big contribution he makes. But 38M, I don't think so, 20 more like it.

Someones agent has stirred the pot and various press outlets have done the rest! I believe we may well sign Raul and he would be an attribute, but as Woody said, considering his goal return for us albeit unlucky (legit goals disallowed,hitting the woodwork etc) he is currently worth £12-£15 million in my opinion.

I must admit though that he made a big difference when he came on against Newcastle, everyone seemed to step up a gear.

If reports are to be believed then Wolves look like announcing the permanent signing of Jimenez tomorrow. There's a bit of teaser on Wolves twitter hinting that something is happening.

Very happy with this if it’s true... such a hard worker... his partnership with Jota... his goals and assists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)