+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Notts78: I think we are a million miles away from attracting 5 or 6 quality players in! We need 2 new full backs and some steel, drive and creativity in midfield. The forwards might have goals in them with better quality players supporting them. Vision, awareness, composure and confidence on the ball are in very short supply.

Like you, I too have hope, but that's it. No confidence, genuine belief or optimism - just hope.
    It depends where your expectations are. We are not a million miles away from finishing 3rd bottom or above.

I don't know where to start.

Were we good? Or were you poor?

Well first half was a classic derby half. Second half, as good as we were it was very easy for us. I've seen a side as bad as notts for many a year. Mansfield were good quality, so much so I think on balance you'll be happy to come away with a 2-nil loss.

Poor show not selling your allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post

Well first half was a classic derby half. Second half, as good as we were it was very easy for us. I've seen a side as bad as notts for many a year. Mansfield were good quality, so much so I think on balance you'll be happy to come away with a 2-nil loss.

When you’ve seen capitulation after capitulation, there comes a point when you realise it is just madness to keep going to these games. I applaud the 1,200 who went for one of the most obvious home bankers of the season.

Fair play to Mansfield, they stepped up a gear in the second half and made us look what we are - a very poor team, low in confidence, and with key players out or coming back from injury. First half could have been 2-2, but second half could have been 3 or 4. We’re incapable of competing for 90 minutes and thoroughly deserve to be where we are.

God knows who we’ll be able to attract if we’re bottom of the league at the end of the month. Also, I can’t remember who said it on The Terrace, but it’s impossible to forge real team spirit if you have a 38-man squad.

Did you sell out the home areas? That’s poor considering where you are in the League and the fact you were all but guaranteed 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Did you sell out the home areas? That’s poor considering where you are in the League and the fact you were all but guaranteed 3 points.
    I was going to say the same thing. Pretty classic a Mansfield fan having a go about number of fans turning up.

"I predict that we will end the season just outside the playoffs" - (mind you, I have drunk a full bottle of wine, 2 beers and a whiskey whilst listening to the match

Come on... You're meant to be a big old proud club from a city with a big core support and you failed to sell an allocation to a game being played 12 miles away.

Come on... You're meant to be a big old proud club from a city with a big core support and you failed to sell an allocation to a game being played 12 miles away.
    A team in your league position who cannot sell its allocation of tickets for a local derby, well that is pretty poor. Mind you what football fan in his right mind would want to visit your tip of a so called stadium.
    Tell us do is Bishop Street still available for building a recycling collection depot Stan.

You only have TWO heffin STANDS to fill and you can't do that? jeeesssss

I didn't go today as last time was one of the most miserable away day experiences I've known. Largely down to drunk so called Notts fans, but also such a cramped space nowhere to get away and yes could guarantee we'd lose.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast