+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

Be honest and/or realistic Swale. We are utter cr@p and unless Ardley can bring in 4 or 5 quality players, which is fairly unlikely, we are rapidly becoming favourites for going down. The clues are there, have been for months.

I somehow think we'll cling on tbh, possibly because they may just be 2 worse teams than us - but that's about our only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey our fans like to give up a few months early don't they?

Sadly, I hate to say it but its looking likely

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Be honest and/or realistic Swale. We are utter cr@p and unless Ardley can bring in 4 or 5 quality players, which is fairly unlikely, we are rapidly becoming favourites or going down. The clues are there, have been for months.

I somehow think we'll cling on tbh, possibly because they may just be 2 worse teams than us - but that's about our only hope.
    I just can't bring myself to give up less than half way through the season. Sorry that's never going to change. I sometimes get the idea that some of our fans on here live for us to fail. Not aimed at you but I seriously wouldn't want to be a player on a team where all my teammates decided we'd lost when we were 2-0 down before half way through

I'm not singing our praises or saying we're good. I'm just not giving up before we're half way through the bloody season and haven't had a transfer window either ...amazes me. Just not in my make-up to quit before it's over. Sorry if that's misinterpreted as unwarranted optimism by some on here.

That's me being honest and/or realistic.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2018 at 02:53 PM.

It's not "giving up" - it is recognising what's happening in front of your eyes & passing an honest assessment of it.

I also don't think any fan "lives for us to fail". That is complete nonsense. The red infiltrators might but no genuine fan on this board wants Notts to fail, seriously.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 08-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Well I said I'd take a 2-0 loss before the game, so I can't be too disappointed. Second half was alright; second half was utterly awful. Same old crap really. The players just aren't up to it. I thought we'd lose by more, but overall the way we were defeated was exactly what I expected - gutless, useless, pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    It's not "giving up" - it is recognising what's happening in front of your eyes & passing an honest assessment of it.
    Nope. It's giving up. We have players in this squad who are capable of scoring goals and it only takes an error by a defender or a moment of luck or magic to score one.

Well that's it, 2-0 to Mansfield. It was always going to be a Mansfield win all day long. Unfortunatly we really are looking in BIG trouble this season due to the inexperience of Nolan and Hardy over the summer!! We could see woursleves on the bottom again come 5pm if Macclesfield win

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey our fans like to give up a few months early don't they?
    So, where will it end on a good note for us? We seem to attract sh1t players and the same style of football (if you can call it that) no matter who the manager is and it's been going on for years

I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away. We don’t need 5/6 new players. We need players that have got ability to step up. We need those without ability to give everything.
    Fitz has improved no end since the start of this season.
    We need Toots fit and back to his best
    I am happy with our centre back options.
    We need a new left back.
    We most certainly need a new centre midfielder... I think we ALL can agree on that.
    Enzio needs to come back so I think we need a loan signing to cover his loss.
    If Thomas can replicate his first 45 mins today, we might actually see a footballer.
    We have 3 more than good enough forwards.
    So all in all I think 3 players minimum.

It’s no disgrace losing to a team that is flying, and away, where we were without some of our best players, and the better players we have available, not being fit.

Most on here predicted a hammering. We avoided that. It could have been worse. It wasn’t. It’s one game. 20 odd to go, so whilst we still have points to play for, a January window to utilise, and players to come back/be match fit. I have hope.

Not here to gloat, but I think you definitely need some backbone through the middle. Vaughan is a good passer, but he's the ideal opponent for someone like Bishop. Full-backs need sorting too. I still think you've probably got enough to stay up, but it's going to be a stressful end of the season for you.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast