+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

Here we go! The Ardley era begins in earnest...Elliott Ward, Jamie Turley and Jon Stead all return

Name:  Dt5GqMmWsAEtLJi.jpg
Views: 1934
Size:  82.4 KB

I am looking at that and wondering what formation we are going to play...is it 5-4-1 or 4-5-1?
    At least the bench has a balance to it. Players that can change a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I am looking at that and wondering what formation we are going to play...is it 5-4-1 or 4-5-1?
    At least the bench has a balance to it. Players that can change a game.
    I reckon it's a 1-8-1 with Stead as sweeper

Could be...

God help up. 4-0 to the Stags?

Will try to catch most of this game in between packing and preparing for holiday tomorrow! Off to Caribbean for a month on a cruise, so will miss quite a few games. I sincerely hope we will be higher in the table than we currently are upon my return, no great expectation about that just a hope. Ardley will organise the players and get more out of some under performers than the previous 2 managers could and, hopefully, will try to offload at least 5 or 6 if at all possible in January. (Who will sign tripe like we have tho', particularly on their money?)

However, today is an awkward fixture for Ardley's initiation - best of luck to him and the team. Interesting team selection - Hewitt, Milsom, Thomas & Vaughan will need to deliver, in full, today.

Come on Notts - let's "mek 'em 'ave it" & start the surge!

Looks like 4-5-1 to me. Turley playing right back, Patching and Thomas on the wings supporting Stead. And as said previously, well balanced bench for the first time in ages

It is certainly going to be 10 men behind the ball! The key is whether or not our midfielders are up for a battle & can improve the protection they provide for the back 4. We have to get men forward when in possession tho', Ardley seemed to indicate that's his strategy. Big task for Patching & Thomas to get at them, let's see how it transpires.

Good test of the "bottle" some of these blokes actually possess - you have to perform in a game like this and for a new manager. I can see us either springing a major surprise here or disappearing without trace. Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Looks like 4-5-1 to me. Turley playing right back, Patching and Thomas on the wings supporting Stead. And as said previously, well balanced bench for the first time in ages
    That's what I thought. Stead up front on his own, Thomas and Patching out wide, Hewitt and Milsom doing the dirty work in the centre, and Vaughan hopefully passing to our players, not their.

Not a good start. Hardly any outlet in that team. And how does Thomas keep getting picked? Wish he had gone 442, Dennis instead of Vaughn

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast