+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

The only good news today is Cambridge and Mac loosing... Cheltenham picked up 3 points today oh wait Florist still loosing too

We put out a side with the same 4-5-1 dullness that has been seen numerous times now this season. With that mentality we were never going to win this, - despite some good chances in the first half. The back 4 are sluggish (that's a euphemism for "no pace"), midfield is fantastic at passing the ball sideways, but there is sod all forward movement. And one up front is no change at all from previous managers style of playing. Where is the youth? Where is the creativity?

Mansfield towards the end had a wide player on both flanks, who they could find with ease and who when they received the ball went forward with it at pace. Our wide players (if you can call them that) trap the ball and look for a sideways pass. It's dull.

The vociferous booing from certain supporters at the end was at least accompanied with shout's of "no bl**dy difference", so at least there was a justification. The players looked terrified (or disgusted) at coming to greet the fans.

This club desperately needs 11 players on the pitch playing something other than 4-5-1, with a go-forward at speed mentality.

The only positive note today was that in the first hald we did at least create one or two chances. That's all.

Until the chairman and/or manager break the power of the players at this club we will never play positive, free flowing, exciting football and a 3rd manager will find they end his reign

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Until the chairman and/or manager break the power of the players at this club we will never play positive, free flowing, exciting football and a 3rd manager will find they end his reign
    i

Total garbage however, the Manager does need to know thst Hewitt is shi*** at right-back
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 08-12-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "I predict that we will end the season just outside the playoffs" - (mind you, I have drunk a full bottle of wine, 2 beers and a whiskey whilst listening to the match

That's the spirit... well a good portion of it by the sound of things

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's the spirit... well a good portion of it by the sound of things
    "it was a large portion"

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Come on... You're meant to be a big old proud club from a city with a big core support and you failed to sell an allocation to a game being played 12 miles away.
    You do get understand that people can decide not to go if they don't want to, right? Everybody knew today would be another humiliation, and so many quite rightly didn't bother. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about only selling 5500 tickets while flying high.

Regarding the attendance, I don't see it as a "failure" to sell our allocation, it's a refusal. I've been to every game against Mansfield for years (other than the two last season as I was out of the country) and even remember going there for a friendly a few years back. We said after the last one we weren't doing it again till the players showed they could put in a performance that we expected and was worth our support.

Yes I understand that. But if I were you, I'd also be worried for the 16th of February when there might be more away fans than home fans if we apply your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Yes I understand that. But if I were you, I'd also be worried for the 16th of February when there might be more away fans than home fans if we apply your logic.
    I hope you do. The more the merrier. The finance would be welcome. Mr Hardy can put it towards the money lost cancelling countless contracts (if some Notts fans have there way).

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast