+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Off

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The country will burn steve if we end up staying in the EU because we are too hamstrung to leave by this deal and other factors .
    In France, if you raise fuel duty, Paris erupts; in England you can deport black citizens, kill people with fire trap cladding; starve people in work and out; throw people on streets; hold wages down for a decade and let rail prices rise higher than Everest and people just tut.

There's a lack of unity in this country. All created by the various governments from 1979 onwards imo. I don't know what the answer is. Riots are cavemanesque, strikes or protests are options of course but in the wake of the miners strike I think the unions of various companies started to fragment unfortunately. The result is what we see today. We just accept

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    In France, if you raise fuel duty, Paris erupts; in England you can deport black citizens, kill people with fire trap cladding; starve people in work and out; throw people on streets; hold wages down for a decade and let rail prices rise higher than Everest and people just tut.
    That's a decent point exile , one which I can reconcile with .

The difference is I guess is that the examples you have given only effect a certain percentage of the population who are struggling for a voice , that voice was driven down by the tories and new labour in favour of big business and the metropolitan elites .

Brexit opened the can of worms and showed the real UK laid bare .

I've banged this drum on these pages for more years than I care to remember about minority groups , you yourself among others have always supported my stance , some haven't .

Now this thing affects everyone which is why you are likely to see it go up big time on our streets .

The French may well cover the so called minority back better than we do but this brexit is mainstream now and the anger and frustration will end up on our streets unless some kind of solution is found which is unlikely .

This is left v right as you will see tomorrow on the streets of London , the centre ground haven't a clue on this and are mere bystanders .

The centre ground have lost complete control in my opinion .

I'm a bit over the hill for this malarkey to tell the truth , I really should be in London tomorrow and on the Momentum anti demo gig but I'll sit this out at my age .

The pen is always mightier than the sword apparently but don't tell the french !!
    Last edited by animallittle3; 08-12-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12