+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Sheffield Wednesday v The Millers

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    This is the match that we hate losing the most but love winning like no other match.

It's a strange one because we have local rivalries in Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Donny and because of the local radio coverage we have Chesterfield. Jeeez we love winning against each and every one of them but this one is different.

Looking back through recent history or at least skip the last 35 years if you can call that recent then they have had the best players and most successful team haven't they?
    3rd in the old first division and singing about a european tour and then sacking a manager because they were in the bottom half of the league. Ambition had been the key to their success but now they're playing under the same set of rules.
    The Fair play rules has effected Sheffield Wednesday more than any other lacal club. They can't go for the promotion as they did the other ear. The year they lost feably to Huddersfield in a penalty shoot out when players wouldn't step up to the mark for the club and for that reason we will see them languish in this division for years!

They have players including forruds, captains and other senior pros who didn't have the balls to step up for the club! For me that says that they don't have the passion needed for games like today!
    Yes they got a point against the Blades but parking the bus as they did was a sign of desperation! At least we have the courage to go for it!
    We have players that put everything on the line for each other and the club!

We have the pashion and if they don't match us with that today then we could be in for a great night!

Enjoy the match folks!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
    I feel quietly confident for this one frog, which worries me greatly. Whatever we think of the wendies, they can afford players that we can only dream of signing, however, it's not always about having the best player's but having the better team, and as form stands at the moment I believe we have the better team.
    The one player of theirs I truly fear is Barry Bannan, because in my eyes, he is exactly the type of central midfielder our team is missing, some may disagree, but I feel if he was ours he would knit us together, we just couldn't afford him.
    They will have to be willing to fight us on the pitch today, and after speaking to a couple of Wendy supporters, they don't think their team will, and may even wilt under our Ariel bombardment, both down the middle and balls put in from the wings.
    The wendys have better players, who if they turn up will probably win, but I see no reason for them to suddenly turn up today when they haven't been willing in recent weeks, we shall see.

It's the "Williams down the middle" bit that I'm worried about... let's hope that he has a good game though

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    It's the "Williams down the middle" bit that I'm worried about... let's hope that he has a good game though
    I prefer him running out wide.

Rodak;
    Vyner,
    Ajayi,
    Wood,
    Mattock;
    Forde,
    Vaulks,
    Towell,
    Taylor;
    Williams;
    Smith.
    Not happy with that selection hope I’m wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Not happy with that selection hope I’m wrong
    I'm not sure ha has had much choice due to injuries pocket, but out of curiosity, what players would you have had in?

You’re right Frog this is the one that’s a weekend spoiler if we lose heavily

I think Williams down the middle won’t work.
    I would have played manning as a number 10 or proctor as a 4-4-2.
    Yes I know we play 4-5-1 but I think we need to get at them from the start.
    More than happy to admit I’ve got it wrong though is it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I'm not sure ha has had much choice due to injuries pocket, but out of curiosity, what players would you have had in?
    I think that it's winger heavy personally. I'd like to have seen Proctor in for Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    You’re right Frog this is the one that’s a weekend spoiler if we lose heavily
    For them as well no matter how far down they look at us

I think that it's winger heavy personally. I'd like to have seen Proctor in for Taylor.
    Whatever form the wends are in frog, I think playing with 2 centre forwards away from home might just leave us a little vulnerable in midfield. However, I take your point about winger heavy, in midfield, so maybe palmer (is he injured) or wiles may have been an option?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast