+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Really?
    Definitely yes, wrong appointment yes. Where in league one, we needed a proven manager at this level especially when 80% of the team in this leauge don't play football

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    Definitely yes, wrong appointment yes. Where in league one, we needed a proven manager at this level especially when 80% of the team in this leauge don't play football
    Every time we've won promotion in my time supporting the club it's always with a guy who we gave an opportunity to , Clarke , Hunter , Wilson , Ritchie and Hecky .

The only proven manager we've ever really had was Bassett and he failed in all reality because we lost the play off final in 2000 .

I take the point the margin for error is lower in league one and if we don't make the top 6 the question on his future is debatable .

He has to finish in the top 6 for me or he's failed and given the spend at this level he should deliver that at least .

He needs a full season minimum in my opinion .

There is no question for me that they should be given this season and next even if we don’t make the playoffs! He needs to learn how this league works and the requirements when things are going wrong!
    For me he knows what he wants to do and can’t get the blend right, he wants to play fast attacking football from the back but his full backs can attack but not defend hence Brown at right back cos he’s fast so they are trying to teach him to defend cos Cavare isn’t cutting it and Jordan Williams is too slow to get back when he’s too far up the pitch!
    He has a similar problem on the left Fryers, Pinnilos and Ben Williams all have a bit of what he needs rather than one having it all so he can’t make up his mind, cos in front of them they have Thiam who is inconsistent or Bahre who he is trying to fit into the team at all costs who lets face it just isn’t good enough!
    We are missing Dougall badly and worryingly we don’t have sufficient cover at Centre back.
    January can’t come quick enough we need specific players that he and Winkler will have identified already to fit what he wants to do, hopefully they will fit in quickly so we have enough time to recover the ground we will lose over the next few weeks, especially to Luton who I can’t see us beating on New Year’s Day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12