+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car engine problem advice. required please

Car engine problem advice. required please

Yesterday our Peugeot 206 1.1 lost power on the m4. RAC man said it was a faulty no.3 fuel injector when he checked it over on his laptop. However ,following his advice ,I drove back home 30 miles ,mostly motorway, averaging 65-70 mph. It was a trouble free journey home, and it was as if nothing happened a few hours earlier Was it just a blip , or should I take this problem further ? Any advice by any mechanics out there would be really appreciated. Thanks.

best to have it looked at - Mal....odd that you lost all power with just the one injector failure - or do you mean lost "some" power ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

best to have it looked at - Mal....odd that you lost all power with just the one injector failure - or do you mean lost "some" power ?.

My advice is to book into an auto tuning shop and quick!

I thought there were some car mechanics on this message board who might know why the fault occurred and why it’s been perfect since then ! The RAC man actually told me to see how it went ,but don’t do anything just yet. The engine has not lost any power since the hiccup and to the average motorist you ‘d be thinking the engine sounds really good !!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I thought there were some car mechanics on this message board who might know why the fault occurred and why it’s been perfect since then !
    there's an idea - Mal.....now where's that Crystal Ball.

seems like you were only running on the 3 cylinders, so you lost power, yes ??? - so could be the injector itself , electrical problem, fuel starvation or other - but as it could happen again, say on country drive - on a cold wintery evening whilst blowing a blizzard during an alien invasion and raining fish - is perhaps best you look at it yourself - or if your not upto it - have it checked out by a pro.....that's "your" decision !

You could write on the back of a stamp what I know about cars.. A bit like what Alto and BT know about football.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)