+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Who is going to pay for this clearout? The owners done his lot and probably has 50% less wealth these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Who is going to pay for this clearout? The owners done his lot and probably has 50% less wealth these days.
    How about farm then out on loan, pay 50% of the wages and then bring in 3 or 4 with the money saved. Many of these are out of contract in the summer, so that is when the squad can be rebuilt, but we need to do what we can to survive now. The money spent now in staying up surely would be better than the cost of relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    How about farm then out on loan, pay 50% of the wages and then bring in 3 or 4 with the money saved. Many of these are out of contract in the summer, so that is when the squad can be rebuilt, but we need to do what we can to survive now. The money spent now in staying up surely would be better than the cost of relegation.
    You make it sound sooooo easy. Do you realise you cannot just gift them like crimbo presents? The recieving club as to actually want them you know.

Thanks disturbed, was looking for some decent thoughts on who people would move on, but as usual people resort to personal insults as they have nothing of real substance to add

I'm confident that replenishing the squad in January would have been featured in Ardley's interview. He is experienced and knowledgeable enough to already be planning the changes he needs.
    There's a lot of disappointment and impatience on MAD today. Did people really think that the new manager would instantly transform Nolan's errors? Give him time and trust his good sense.

Sidders, not annoyed at Manager but at the absolute dross we have collected in the playing dept. I do believe Ardley will be a great appointment but not with this bloody awful shower.

Liquidation sale.... all stock must go but seriously we are in the brown stuff... too many players in that squad not fit to wear the jersey... better performance today but same old story... -21 goal difference is simply shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    You make it sound sooooo easy. Do you realise you cannot just gift them like crimbo presents? The recieving club as to actually want them you know.
    I know. I never said it was easy and the original post never said it was easy.
    Most of the players listed would not even make a starting place for a team in the Sunday morning EMPAL league in my opinion, but we do need to try to offload these players for the sake of our survival. If we can, then great, but if we can't, then at least we have tried to address the problem.
    You never know what can be achieved unless you try and that is sadly what is missing from these players
    Last edited by Disturbed; 08-12-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'm confident that replenishing the squad in January would have been featured in Ardley's interview. He is experienced and knowledgeable enough to already be planning the changes he needs.
    There's a lot of disappointment and impatience on MAD today. Did people really think that the new manager would instantly transform Nolan's errors? Give him time and trust his good sense.
    I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.

Wow woodset and here was me thinking this shower is awful but at least Ardley will knock them into shape. It does appear the players have the balance of power in their pocket!!! Got our chairman, 3 managers and most of us by the balls!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast