+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Wow woodset and here was me thinking this shower is awful but at least Ardley will knock them into shape. It does appear the players have the balance of power in their pocket!!! Got our chairman, 3 managers and most of us by the balls!!!
    Lets hope that the clean slate that was promised has now been written on and that the players not good enough (the ones listed) get shown the door as they simply are not fit to wear the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.
    To be honest Wodsetts this shower have got shot of 2 managers this season so I hope this clean slate thing Ardley is talking about was in effect today because he should now know a lot of those players don't belong anywhere near this famous old club... I just hope he has the guts to show most of them the door in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    To be honest Wodsetts this shower have got shot of 2 managers this season so I hope this clean slate thing Ardley is talking about was in effect today because he should now know a lot of those players don't belong anywhere near this famous old club... I just hope he has the guts to show most of them the door in Jan.
    There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

It will simply not be possible get rid of a load of the players unless their contracts are terminated by mutual consent. That will cost Alan Hardy more money.

I think a more realistic scenario will be that Alan Hardy allows Neal Ardley to bring in a few faces as he alluded to in his interview and a few will go out on loan until the end of the season.

I can’t see any wholesale changes happening until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    How about farm then out on loan, pay 50% of the wages and then bring in 3 or 4 with the money saved. Many of these are out of contract in the summer, so that is when the squad can be rebuilt, but we need to do what we can to survive now. The money spent now in staying up surely would be better than the cost of relegation.
    Would you take them on loan & pay 50% of the wages. NO, I thought not, wake up smell the coffee.

Ardley in his post match interview said he is looking to bring in a couple of fresh faces but players who are available now may not be in January.

looks like 2 in and 2 out.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.
    Ardley came with a reputation of liking to play 4-4-2, but you need two decent players in the middle of the park to do that. We have none.

Mansfield played 3-5-2 today, but their wing backs were able to push so far up the pitch because they used the ball better as a team and they had more pace in key areas.

The only decent performances I’ve seen from us this season was when we played a 4-2-1-3 (second half against Crewe, Crawley and MK Dons), with Alessandra the most advanced midfielder - he’s the only one who can run with the ball in the middle of the park. I do think he has been missed. We have zero pace without Enzio, he has been the only bright spark in this dismal season.

I see Yeovil are on a bad run (remember, that team that thumped us 4-0?), so at the moment it looks like it’s between them, us, Macc, Cambridge (who were apparently after Gary Bowyer as their new manager, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nolan end up there) and Cheltenham. If we can’t finish above that lot, we will deserve everything we get.

On a separate note, any word on Alan Hardy’s health? I hope it’s nothing stress-related - although given the way things have gone this season, after such a hefty outlay, he must be feeling the strain.

Mmm tricky question this one. Obviously MiG and all the Vlad-people but beyond that I don't really see any other forum coming in for most of our posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Vaughn - passed it
    Credit where due, he's about the only one who did

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

It will simply not be possible get rid of a load of the players unless their contracts are terminated by mutual consent. That will cost Alan Hardy more money.

I think a more realistic scenario will be that Alan Hardy allows Neal Ardley to bring in a few faces as he alluded to in his interview and a few will go out on loan until the end of the season.

I can’t see any wholesale changes happening until the summer.
    Fair enough... you’re probably right.

Relegation it is then. Still on the bright side, we get to howl our hatred at Noble next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Not playing Vaughn, Hewitt and Milson would be a great start to addressing the problems with the team. Lets give Crawford, Husin and Patching a try. They couldn't do any worse
    I'm not sure putting bench-warmers into the first team just because "They couldn't do any worse" is a good idea, they certainly could do a LOT worse, lose a few more games, for instance. There is a reason why the three possibles you name aren't playing and it's not because the first team are competent footballers.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast