+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Disturbed, in one post you suggest loaning our players and asking for 50%, and in the next suggesting that the same players are good enough to grace the EMPAL. Are the clubs in the EMPAL paying decent money? If you know any of the chairmen get them to drop me a line, reckon I could earn a bundle given that League isn’t good enough to lace my boots...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.
    If Neil Ardley has commited the tried and tested and unimaginative "Every player now starts with a clean sheet" bollox, the most useless players we have (and we have quite a few) will be picked and seen yet again gifting balls to the opposition's most dangerous players, failing to defend, failing to midfield(?) and failing to trouble the scorer. They will play a few games before the penny drops - too late!! The manager and we supporters will now start looking on a map for our next season's opponents in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.
    Milsom is on loan until January then he becomes a 'permanent' signing - the club did not say for how long.

The problem with this type of thread is the lack of understanding that fans have of getting rid of unwanted players.

To summarise: this player / that player is cr@p - get rid. Doesn't work like that in the real world !!!

The so-called cr@p players are under contract so options are limited. If they genuinely are cr@p, what other club will want them and pay their wages? My guess is not many to none.

Similarly if they really are cr@p what clubs will want to sign them on loan? My guess is not many to none.

So we're left with a mutual consent adios. If Notts have to pay up players' contracts to get rid of them, where will the extra money come from to fund the new signings that are desparately needed? The agent's fees? The signing on fees? And the new player's wages?

I think Hardy has seriously overspent already and i'm not sure how much more cash he's prepared to lose.

If we go down - which is becoming increasingly more likely - I think Hardy will walk and concentrate on his more realistic football adventure at Ilson.

Still we can console yourselves with thoughts of a new mouthwatering, money-spinning derby with Solihull Moors FC...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Well, after one league match Ardley has already said he needs new faces. In the press conference at his unveiling he was going to work with them and try to save the chairman some money. That's gone out the window, we need the forty two man squad it seems.
    Really glad I'm not in big Als shoes at the moment.

As to who to get rid of I'd take offers for all but Fitz,Turley, Jones ( because we don't have any real cover), Hewitt, Hemmings, Alless, Enzio and Stead.
    Dennis will be good for another team but we need to free up some cash. Milsom was missed when suspended so maybe keep him.
    Desperate times.

[QUOTE=pravda_plc;39082551]
    There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

Milsom is on loan until January then he becomes a 'permanent' signing - the club did not say for how long.

The problem with this type of thread is the lack of understanding that fans have of getting rid of unwanted players.

To summarise: this player / that player is cr@p - get rid. Doesn't work like that in the real world !!!

The so-called cr@p players are under contract so options are limited. If they genuinely are cr@p, what other club will want them and pay their wages? My guess is not many to none.

Similarly if they really are cr@p what clubs will want to sign them on loan? My guess is not many to none.

So we're left with a mutual consent adios. If Notts have to pay up players' contracts to get rid of them, where will the extra money come from to fund the new signings that are desparately needed? The agent's fees? The signing on fees? And the new player's wages?

I think Hardy has seriously overspent already and i'm not sure how much more cash he's prepared to lose.

If we go down - which is becoming increasingly more likely - I think Hardy will walk and concentrate on his more realistic football adventure at Ilson.

Still we can console yourselves with thoughts of a new mouthwatering, money-spinning derby with Solihull Moors FC...
    So you mean it’s not like Champ Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    So now we need to seriously consider who we let go to reduce this bloated squad of has-beens , never beens and never will be's. Here are my entries to say goodbye top-notch

Vaughn - passed it and offers nothing in this league
    Brisley - a sad shadow of last year's player
    Duffy - poisonous and not a team player
    Thomas- nothing to excite me and looks overweight
    Ward - temporary stop gap served his purpose
    Hewitt- not looked the player of old and lacking bite nowadays
    Jones - once was good but now looks lost, low on confidence
    Evina- no quality , no end product

Any others?
    Top of that list should be Jones, he offers no problem to a bright winger and is really just a shirt wandering about, looking lost.
    I was almost alone last season in saying Milsom was over-rated, now he's back. He was nothing more than OK for a few games but now just a shadow flitting around in an important positon.
    Hewitt, runs about a bit - that's it.
    Vaughn and Husin, the laundry staff must love them - never a speck of dirt or sweat on shirt or shorts.
    Brisley, has lost confidence and can't improve while the crowd gets on to him, a vicious circus, shame really.
    Duffy, for some strange reason doesn't seem to like a competent centre-half alongside him.
    Evina, just not interested.
    Thomas, an unnesseccary signing, makes up the numbers though, good at that.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 08-12-2018 at 08:07 PM.

[QUOTE=pravda_plc;39082551]

Hardy will walk? Not that easy when he owns the club. He would need to find a buyer and I doubt there’ll be a queue

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'm confident that replenishing the squad in January would have been featured in Ardley's interview. He is experienced and knowledgeable enough to already be planning the changes he needs.
    There's a lot of disappointment and impatience on MAD today. Did people really think that the new manager would instantly transform Nolan's errors? Give him time and trust his good sense.
    He is definitely a good prospect long term and would have been a sensible appointment in the summer without the pressure we are now under. But coming off an awful run at Wimbledon was not ideal for him. And time won't stop him playing 4-5-1, which over and over again has been shown not to work for us. We need at least mid-table form from here on in, and I don't see how he will get it from this squad. But we may as well go down with a bang and not a whimper by attacking the dross League 2 teams we make to look like Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm not sure putting bench-warmers into the first team just because "They couldn't do any worse" is a good idea, they certainly could do a LOT worse, lose a few more games, for instance. There is a reason why the three possibles you name aren't playing and it's not because the first team are competent footballers.
    Husin has demonstrated time and again he can do a lot worse. As for Patching, I’m beginning to think we signed him from Man City Ladies - because he doesn’t look cut out for the men’s game.

Crawford might be worth a game, even though he seems pretty anonymous when he comes on as sub. Same with Kellett, but I’m clutching at straws here. Don’t know how long Alessandra is out for - he’s the only player who can dribble with it from the centre of midfield (although Hewitt did have a great run in the Carlisle game, so maybe he should play the role they gave to Vaughan today?).

I also think we need to send Mark Stallard on holiday again - his record this season is something like no wins in 17 games, which is even worse than the players.

Get rid of the lot and start again

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast