+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Milsom is on loan until January then he becomes a 'permanent' signing - the club did not say for how long.

The problem with this type of thread is the lack of understanding that fans have of getting rid of unwanted players.

To summarise: this player / that player is cr@p - get rid. Doesn't work like that in the real world !!!

The so-called cr@p players are under contract so options are limited. If they genuinely are cr@p, what other club will want them and pay their wages? My guess is not many to none.

Similarly if they really are cr@p what clubs will want to sign them on loan? My guess is not many to none.

So we're left with a mutual consent adios. If Notts have to pay up players' contracts to get rid of them, where will the extra money come from to fund the new signings that are desparately needed? The agent's fees? The signing on fees? And the new player's wages?

I think Hardy has seriously overspent already and i'm not sure how much more cash he's prepared to lose.

If we go down - which is becoming increasingly more likely - I think Hardy will walk and concentrate on his more realistic football adventure at Ilson.

Still we can console yourselves with thoughts of a new mouthwatering, money-spinning derby with Solihull Moors FC...
    Yup, we've really painted ourselves into a corner this time.

Personally the only players I'd be interested in keeping are:

Fitz
    Tootle (on the off chance he remembers he can be an OK right back if he wants)
    Turley
    Allesandra
    Enzio
    Hemmings
    Stead

We should be willing to let any of the others go - if anyone will have them. The problem is, not only do Notts tend to sign players that literally no other league club would have, we tend to do so on wages that no other league would be willing to spend. It's ****ing farcical, and it's been happening for years now, regardless of the owner or manager.

Every year we say the same things: we need quality, not quantity. We need a squad of 22, plus the odd loanee to boost the ranks. We need a complete overhaul. But it happens, again and again, no matter what.

I'm honestly done with any kind of optimism now. The very best we can hope for is that things don't get any worse, but given that things can get worse, I'll assume that they probably will. And if we do go down, we'll bloody well deserve it - not the fans, of course, but due to the ridiculous way this club has been run for almost ten years now.

Yes, down to who should be kept, in an ideal world. Maybe Ardley may just make a silk purse. I am forever hopeful. I do wonder though if this lot are professional footbalkers how many talented guys missed the boat and are "should have beens". Who signed some of this hopeless drivel when they started? Were they ever any good?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yup, we've really painted ourselves into a corner this time.

Personally the only players I'd be interested in keeping are:

Fitz
    Tootle (on the off chance he remembers he can be an OK right back if he wants)
    Turley
    Allesandra
    Enzio
    Hemmings
    Stead

We should be willing to let any of the others go - if anyone will have them. The problem is, not only do Notts tend to sign players that literally no other league club would have, we tend to do so on wages that no other league would be willing to spend. It's ****ing farcical, and it's been happening for years now, regardless of the owner or manager.

Every year we say the same things: we need quality, not quantity. We need a squad of 22, plus the odd loanee to boost the ranks. We need a complete overhaul. But it happens, again and again, no matter what.

I'm honestly done with any kind of optimism now. The very best we can hope for is that things don't get any worse, but given that things can get worse, I'll assume that they probably will. And if we do go down, we'll bloody well deserve it - not the fans, of course, but due to the ridiculous way this club has been run for almost ten years now.
    Totally agree with your post. It turns farcical when owners want to be managers and coaches but unfortunately they never learn, even when they've done their nuts or bo ---ks trying.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Maybe McParland wasn't that bad after all? Didn't he sign these players?
    I believe so MiG. I'm not a member of the anti-Charlie brigade btw

Why are you bringing me into this argument, aren't you a mod you pathetic fool.
    Mmm. Tricky one this. As a moderator I now have to decide whether your 'pathetic fool' is a personal insult to another poster.

Temptation is strong but, as a grown up, I'm going to patronisingly give you the benefit of the doubt in the most condescending manner possible. That OK you charming chap? I think you need a sense of humour implant if you can't see that I was humorously replying to the original thread title, not bringing you into any arguments.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-12-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Mmm. Tricky one this. As a moderator I now have to decide whether your 'pathetic fool' is a personal insult to another poster.

Temptation is strong but, as a grown up, I'm going to patronisingly give you the benefit of the doubt in the most condescending manner possible. That OK you charming chap? I think you need a sense of humour implant if you can't see that I was humorously replying to the original thread title, not bringing you into any arguments.
    That's your attempt at humour? You must be a real crowd pleaser at parties, I bet you have em in stitches!

That's your attempt at humour? You must be a real crowd pleaser at parties, I bet you have em in stitches!
    Why yes I do! You are a card.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Would you take them on loan & pay 50% of the wages. NO, I thought not, wake up smell the coffee.
    No I wouldn't take them on loan and I wouldn't have any of them in my squad if I was a manager, but that is not saying that some other team manager thinks the same. I mean, most of these players make the starting 11 for Notts, so maybe some team would take them.
    Like I said in another post on here, it would be worth a try to farm them out and paying 50% of the wage would be a sweetner for another team to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm not sure putting bench-warmers into the first team just because "They couldn't do any worse" is a good idea, they certainly could do a LOT worse, lose a few more games, for instance. There is a reason why the three possibles you name aren't playing and it's not because the first team are competent footballers.
    They may do alot worse, but playing the same established players week in week out is doing great isn't it? All I am saying is that the current team selection hasn't worked for two managers so far, and they have used the same players, so why not try a change. For christs sake, we have not won in 9 matches, the football is shocking and most fans expect a loss when they see the same team, so why not try something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Disturbed, in one post you suggest loaning our players and asking for 50%, and in the next suggesting that the same players are good enough to grace the EMPAL. Are the clubs in the EMPAL paying decent money? If you know any of the chairmen get them to drop me a line, reckon I could earn a bundle given that League isn’t good enough to lace my boots...
    If you read what I had written, then you would see that I said "Most of the players listed would not even make a starting place for a team in the Sunday morning EMPAL league in my opinion" as they are crap.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-12-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast