+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Tosh... Go or Keep

Today's Tosh... Go or Keep

Sorry for putting it in a separate post but its hard to fish out answers from various threads here, i'm just giving you my thoughts on today's "team" and who should bed in or who should ship out.

Lets start with today's line up

Fitzsimons GO. Doesn't inspire any confidence.. get rid
    Tootle KEEP. Who is this version of Tootle? 20% the player from last year.. just about keep
    Brisley GO. Ill drive him myself if it means we get shot
    Turley KEEP. Would be great with some help at the back.
    Jones GO. Like old yellow should be brought out back and dealt with, not a footballer
    Vaughan GO. Came with a great CV, would swap that for a P45 right now!
    Davies GO. 2 half decent games is not value for money
    Hewitt KEEP. Split on this one... stick someone with any footballing knowledge beside him and he does well
    Hemmings KEEP. One of the few players that looks like he gives a damn, decent footballer in a damn awful team
    Stead KEEP. A leader who cant lead this bunch of tosh, needs footballers around him not milkmen and factory workers

Dennis KEEP. Not got a fair shake of the stick so far... he can score but not with the delivery he gets
    Milsom GO. A turnip would have more flair than this guy... simply not good enough
    Kellett KEEP. The guy keeps getting cameos and always impresses me... why wont any manager give him a run!

That's my two cents worth anyway, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Hewitt KEEP. Split on this one... stick someone with any footballing knowledge beside him and he does well.

That's my two cents worth anyway, what do you guys think?
    I think you will be slated on this one in particular!

You missed Thomas from the list. Frustrating as he is, I’d keep him until the end of the season - especially with Enzio out for a while.

This squad has lots and lots of problems but there will only be the money and the opportunities/flexibility to fix a few of them. So Ardley will have to prioritise and try and fix the worst of them. IMO, the goalkeeping position isn’t one of the worst three problems, so for that reason I’d keep Fitzsimons, who would look a whole lot better with a decent defence in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    You missed Thomas from the list. Frustrating as he is, I’d keep him until the end of the season - especially with Enzio out for a while.
    Sorry man I forgot he even played for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you will be slated on this one in particular!
    I get ya Elite... it's just one mans opinion really.. what do you think yourself?

Thomas has to go as he's a loanee. All 4 have to go to release funds for new blood. With 1 goal from about 60 shots, he must have set a new low for chance conversion so at least he's had an impact.

Hewitt KEEP. Split on this one... stick someone with any footballing knowledge beside him and he does well
    Kellett KEEP. The guy keeps getting cameos and always impresses me... why wont any manager give him a run!
    Hewitt as a right back is diabolical, but put him midfield with the right partner and he's a different player. I don't think there was a better midfield combination in League Two last year than Yates and Hewitt, who complemented each other and provided a defensive barrier which (perhaps to our cost) disguised the deficiencies of Duffy and Brisley in particular. Yates may have been the catalyst, but Hewitt looked confident playing with him.

I also agree about Kellett. Maybe managers don't like him because he's quite small, but on the few occasions he's played he's looked to be one of the few players willing to be brave on the ball and try to create something, and he's got decent pace too. No idea why he's used so sparingly, given the lack of other talent in the squad.
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-12-2018 at 10:15 PM.

I get ya Elite... it's just one mans opinion really.. what do you think yourself?
    Hard to know where to start, because we have so many weaknesses and only a limited amount of cash to fix them. On the basis that we have four players who should pose an attacking threat at this level (Stead, Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn when fit) we have to concentrate on defence and midfield. When you look at that the problems are clear - we don't have a goalkeeper who gives his defence confidence, we don't have full backs who can prevent crosses or centre backs who can defend them. We don't have any physical or creative midfield options, but most importantly we don't seem to have any guts, fight or desire. It will take a spectacular January transfer window to solve half of that, but it's the only straw we can clutch at. It was noticeable at the game today that the Macc player who was red carded went down the tunnel to a chorus of boos, but was signalling a '2-1' score with his hands. At the final whistle one of their subbed players ran on to the pitch giving V signs to the fans in the DP stand as if to say "you might be a bigger club than us, but you aren't better". Hard for us as fans to take, but I can't blame them and can only wish we had the team spirit they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hard to know where to start, because we have so many weaknesses and only a limited amount of cash to fix them. On the basis that we have four players who should pose an attacking threat at this level (Stead, Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn when fit) we have to concentrate on defence and midfield. When you look at that the problems are clear - we don't have a goalkeeper who gives his defence confidence, we don't have full backs who can prevent crosses or centre backs who can defend them. We don't have any physical or creative midfield options, but most importantly we don't seem to have any guts, fight or desire. It will take a spectacular January transfer window to solve half of that, but it's the only straw we can clutch at. It was noticeable at the game today that the Macc player who was red carded went down the tunnel to a chorus of boos, but was signalling a '2-1' score with his hands. At the final whistle one of their subbed players ran on to the pitch giving V signs to the fans in the DP stand as if to say "you might be a bigger club than us, but you aren't better". Hard for us as fans to take, but I can't blame them and can only wish we had the team spirit they do.
    Good analysis Elite, I'm pig sick of these s@@tbags stealing money from the club by pretending to be professional footballers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast