+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    No I wouldn't take them on loan and I wouldn't have any of them in my squad if I was a manager, but that is not saying that some other team manager thinks the same. I mean, most of these players make the starting 11 for Notts, so maybe some team would take them.
    Like I said in another post on here, it would be worth a try to farm them out and paying 50% of the wage would be a sweetner for another team to take them.
    About as sweet as a Lemon. Most clubs would not pay their 50% of the players wages in Washers.

Is it beyond hope that some of the players at the club at the moment realise themselves that they have no future/are playing above their level, and therefore ask to leave? If my career was stagnating at the company I worked for, I'd be looking myself to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Is it beyond hope that some of the players at the club at the moment realise themselves that they have no future/are playing above their level, and therefore ask to leave? If my career was stagnating at the company I worked for, I'd be looking myself to get out.
    You are mistaking our players for people with self respect

What a load of b0ll0x. I bet every player we have thinks their good enough. I would also imagine most of them have young families to provide for so why would they voluntary leave?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    What a load of b0ll0x. I bet every player we have thinks their good enough. I would also imagine most of them have young families to provide for so why would they voluntary leave?
    The answer is they more than likely wouldn't, but I left the match on Saturday trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who was part of a team in a workplace, knowing I wasn't wanted. What would I do? I'd try to manage my own exit asap, - tell my manager that I wanted out at the next available opportunity. Yes, staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one.

They might think they are good enough as one of 20, and stick it out. But as one of 35 it's a different equation...
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Woodsetts_Pie; 09-12-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Add last para

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't mean to come across as homophobic, because really I'm not, but all these players are Nancies. He need some hard men.
    It’s interesting looking at Mansfield, because they’ve got strength in the key positions - centre half, centre midfield, on the wings, which let them play with two pretty lightweight forwards who could stretch our slow back four and also drop back to collect the ball. Bishop was never the quickest, but he didn’t need to be against our lightweights like Milsom and Vaughan.

We were hoofing the ball in the general direction of Stead and hoping for the best. We won more second balls in the first 45 minutes than in most games this season, but again completely disappeared n the second half when they went up a gear and we had no response. Perhaps the biggest worry all season is the repeated gulf in class that seems to exist between us and most other teams (even bloody Cheltenham Town).

And before we start plotting away games at Solihull Moors next season, just remember that they’re currently in a playoff position - even if their last home league game attracted a grand total of 794 spectators.

The answer is they more than likely wouldn't, but I left the match on Saturday trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who was part of a team in a workplace, knowing I wasn't wanted. What would I do? I'd try to manage my own exit asap, - tell my manager that I wanted out at the next available opportunity. Yes, staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one.

They might think they are good enough as one of 20, and stick it out. But as one of 35 it's a different equation...
    Just a thought.
    That's true, but what if you were being paid probably twice as much as you'd get elsewhere? Given how short their careers are, some footballers will just want to take the money while they can. And as much as we like to go on about how unhappy they must be not playing, I'd bloody well love to get paid 100k a year for training 4 days a week. Also, you have to consider the mentality of these players - their confidence is smashed. It takes a confident player to engineer a move away from a club and go and prove themselves somewhere else.

Make no mistake, it'll be bloody hard to shift these players. The best we can hope for is to let them go to another club for free, but I doubt there are any clubs out there willing to match their wages. The only people we could easily shift are the exact players we need to keep - Hemmings and Enzio. And even then, we'd have to sell them for probably a third of what we bought them for.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It’s interesting looking at Mansfield, because they’ve got strength in the key positions - centre half, centre midfield, on the wings, which let them play with two pretty lightweight forwards who could stretch our slow back four and also drop back to collect the ball. Bishop was never the quickest, but he didn’t need to be against our lightweights like Milsom and Vaughan.

We were hoofing the ball in the general direction of Stead and hoping for the best. We won more second balls in the first 45 minutes than in most games this season, but again completely disappeared n the second half when they went up a gear and we had no response. Perhaps the biggest worry all season is the repeated gulf in class that seems to exist between us and most other teams (even bloody Cheltenham Town).

And before we start plotting away games at Solihull Moors next season, just remember that they’re currently in a playoff position - even if their last home league game attracted a grand total of 794 spectators.
    Mansfield looked strong in every department. The balance of their team was perfect really, and they are a great example of how wing-backs can work well. If you have two decent wing-backs, it's like you gain an extra man in midfield. What surprised me is how easy it was for them to get through on goal. I know their forwards are rapid, but even when we played Enzio up front, we never managed to get him in behind defenders like that. There was so much movement from their forwards that we couldn't cope, and they had the midfielders to pick the right pass. They are absolutely miles away from where we are right now. Even when we had everyone fit, we were pretty one dimensional with our attacks - give it to Enzio and see what happens, or just pass it around and lose it.

....staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one.
    But that is the very reason why they will stay until pushed.

I think it would be simpler to ask who stays. In this instance it's hard to get past single digits.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast