+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Let's not forget what a good manager can do.
    Nolan came in and got some awful players into the play offs, it's not impossible that some will find their form and confidence under Ardley this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Let's not forget what a good manager can do.
    Nolan came in and got some awful players into the play offs, it's not impossible that some will find their form and confidence under Ardley this time around.
    This. The team is so low in confidence that most division 2 players would look poor in our team. Work on the training ground, bring one or two loans in - carefully chosen, ship a couple out, and get a bit more luck...especially with injuries.

We just need that first break, any kind of win to start us off.

The way people are talking, we are in a worst position than what we were 2 years ago. This time 2 years ago we were about 4 games in to a 10 game losing streak. Look what happened then. A couple of players and bosh, mid table in no time. Here is hoping that history is repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Whichever manager signed the individual crap player they are always okayed or sanctioned by either the chairman or the ceo, so the blame lies at the absolute top of this almighty mess !
    So you are saying the chairman should decide who signs for Notts then? Why bother with a manager if that is the case?
    One minute it's a case of the chairman should not interfere and now it's his fault for who the manager signs??????

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The way people are talking, we are in a worst position than what we were 2 years ago. This time 2 years ago we were about 4 games in to a 10 game losing streak. Look what happened then. A couple of players and bosh, mid table in no time. Here is hoping that history is repeated.
    When Nolan came in, I think we signed five or six players - Shola, Grant, Bola, Yates, the forward from West Brom (Campbell?) - they’re the ones I remember, anyway. Shola and Grant gave us an instant goal threat and we started to move away from danger. We also became very difficult to beat at home.

Given our already bloated squad, I can’t see how we can hope to ship out enough to get five or six in - and we’re definitely very weak in five or six positions.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    When Nolan came in, I think we signed five or six players - Shola, Grant, Bola, Yates, the forward from West Brom (Campbell?) - they’re the ones I remember, anyway. Shola and Grant gave us an instant goal threat and we started to move away from danger. We also became very difficult to beat at home.

Given our already bloated squad, I can’t see how we can hope to ship out enough to get five or six in - and we’re definitely very weak in five or six positions.
    Yes, all that and also, Nolan had Newcastle connections that enabled us to get Shola and Hardy was still speaking to Forest (Gary Brazil?) and was able to secure Grant. Bola also made a big contribution and I'm not sure whose idea that was, maybe Fletcher had Arsenal contacts. I really don't see either Ardley or Hart being so well connected, unless our DoF has access to a time machine.

Our best bet of 'getting rid ' of players is the hope that if/when Nolan lands another job he signs them. After all he was the chump who re-signed them - twice in some cases!!

Unfortunately he didn't fancy the high risk of two sackings in the same season, by taking on the job affered at AFC Wimbledon and he was passed over for the vacancy at Shrewsbury Town. I'm sure he'll get another chance though, hopefully before January so we can bundle all his cr@p signings off in one go.

Highly unlikely I know, but here's hoping !!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    This. The team is so low in confidence that most division 2 players would look poor in our team. Work on the training ground, bring one or two loans in - carefully chosen, ship a couple out, and get a bit more luck...especially with injuries.

We had our break - three lucky wins in a week - and the shyte returned with avengence.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post

Yep, one win, however flukey, and we'll see the weight start to lift from their shoulders I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Exactly right. Let's keep on supporting.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast