+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: January clear out? Who goes?

Its easier to say who to keep to be honest.

Keep:

Fitz
    Turley
    Ward
    Brisley (just)
    Milsom (For sub purposes)
    Hewitt
    Patching
    Alessandra
    Stead
    Hemmings
    Enzio

Cannot imagine there will be many changes to the squad with alot going out. Also hearing Hardy has a few financial issues at the moment with Paragon and other personal issues.

We will have to cut the cloth accordingly. I would be happy with 6-8 out and 3 in. As long as that involves 3 players with some ability, heart and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Mansfield looked strong in every department. The balance of their team was perfect really, and they are a great example of how wing-backs can work well. If you have two decent wing-backs, it's like you gain an extra man in midfield. What surprised me is how easy it was for them to get through on goal. I know their forwards are rapid, but even when we played Enzio up front, we never managed to get him in behind defenders like that. There was so much movement from their forwards that we couldn't cope, and they had the midfielders to pick the right pass. They are absolutely miles away from where we are right now. Even when we had everyone fit, we were pretty one dimensional with our attacks - give it to Enzio and see what happens, or just pass it around and lose it.
    Apart from the Swindon game, EVERY time I've watched Notts this season the lack of movement out of defence and through midfield has been appallingly slow with the opposition easily anticipating the next pass - or should I say lob. There is so little awareness among the players of what is around them and that perhaps they should move into space, it's almost as if each would prefer the ball was passed to someone else. I would prefer a midfielder who can think quickly and move, to one who is clever but workshy.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 11-12-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We will have to cut the cloth accordingly. I would be happy with 6-8 out and 3 in. As long as that involves 3 players with some ability, heart and leadership.

Eeek !!!

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  20.1 KB

Ho dear America to Bradford

The loan players would obviously be the easiest to shift, but NA seems to like Davies, and Milsom is playing regularly, so that leaves just Ben Hall who is surplus to requirements. We are not in the position to pay the wages of injured players who we don't even own .Are Patching and Crawford on short term contracts? I don't see the point of them. All the rest will take some shifting, much as we might like to see the back of Duffy. The interest in Stead shows the problem we have, other clubs will only want our best players.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Eeek !!!

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  20.1 KB
    Hmm that's a difficult one. Six months ago everyone wanted him out the building ASAP, now he's seen as a fundamental part of our team.

We've looked better since he came back from injury, but we've got two pretty good League 2 strikers on the books in Hemmings and Dennis plus Enzio to come back.

He'll be on good wages and if it means being able to bring a midfield general in will that improve us as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The loan players would obviously be the easiest to shift, but NA seems to like Davies, and Milsom is playing regularly, so that leaves just Ben Hall who is surplus to requirements. We are not in the position to pay the wages of injured players who we don't even own .Are Patching and Crawford on short term contracts? I don't see the point of them. All the rest will take some shifting, much as we might like to see the back of Duffy. The interest in Stead shows the problem we have, other clubs will only want our best players.
    Patching and Crawford are here until the end of next season I think. I'd like to see Crawford get more game time but we need to decide whether to play them or loan them out to Conference sides for the rest of the season. Same with Husin who might not be in Ardley's plans and will want to play football seeing as his contract runs out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Hmm that's a difficult one. Six months ago everyone wanted him out the building ASAP, now he's seen as a fundamental part of our team.

We've looked better since he came back from injury, but we've got two pretty good League 2 strikers on the books in Hemmings and Dennis plus Enzio to come back.

He'll be on good wages and if it means being able to bring a midfield general in will that improve us as a whole?
    At this moment in time he is the last player we want to leave imo.
    Not only for the work he does on the pitch but his positive attitude off it especially in the dressing room.
    Did you see Ardley go over to him after the game and gave him a long hug, great pro who we desperately need.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast