+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    One of semi's worse games, out played too many times. Wood was also too slow. Need Robertson back
    Agree and with Roly put Semi in front of the back four and we look solid

I still haven worked out if Semi is a division 1 defender who had a purple patch at the start of this season, or a good championship defender going through a prolonged poor patch.

He reminds me of Guy Branston, I really wanted to like him but knew there were always too many mistakes in him waiting to happen.

Gutted tbh. They were there for the taking and played so. So frustrating. We really truly should have won 5 or 6 more games than we have and be looking at the top six. So close yet so far 😕

Not happy about the team selection/formation/(lack of) substitutions today. Stupid to put a player, who is a winger who we know almost never scores, behind Smithy. If that was forced onto Warney because all the subs had flu or something, he needs to let us know that. Good chance for us to move out of the relegation zone AND overtake the injury-hit/appearance-bonus-restricted Owls team today... but we didn't take it. We can't just keep throwing away leads (or worse) and hoping the teams below us lose. Quite a few of our players have missed sitters or made defensive errors today - so not entirely Warney's fault, but can't help feeling that under Mr Chiropodist, or even SE, we would have won.

Proctor would have revelled in this game, will hardly touched the ball

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieCobbler View Post
    Ronnie put the Wednesday goals down to sloppy defending by Semi. For those that went is that a fair comment?
    No for the first. Vyner made a last ditch tackle to a hopeful ball that was put over the defence but it was out of his reach. Ajayi was further out to the sideline. Their forrud just got a run on them and scored.

The second was a feable kick up field by Ajayi that went to their winger who put in a good cross for thie second. He could have hit it further up the field.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think we need Raggett back in at CB and push semi into midfield where he cause less harm asap.
    Roly I think you are being very harsh on Ajayi, he has been exceptional this season, although to be fair to you he has certainly had his mad moments, not least the one last week against Norwich.
    The flip side is I do understand what you mean, but Ajayi has come on so far in his ability whilst with us that he is arguably our most valuable asset. He, in my opinion, has saved us way more than he has let us down this season, and even become an international player in the process.
    He can definitely play as a holding midfield player, but for me he is a centre back all day long. When I watch our team play, if a ball is played over the top and I see an opposing player trying to get on the end of it, if I see its Ajaya closing him down then I feel way more confident we will see it out.

I said before the game they’re confidence has gone and to go at them.
    We did but missed chances.
    I think the turning point for me was when we went 2-1 up.
    He should have brought proctor on and gone for it they had gone and we would have won.

A point away is a decent result however we could and should have had 3.
    They are terrible and like already said the substitutions cost us 3 points imo.

Onto next week.

Semi was having to cover for Richard Wood who had a shocker.Had Robertson played I am sure we would have won that game.If the chairman is positive in January and gives the funds to Warney, I am sure this squad can more than survive in this division. Smith was outstanding in the second half but he needs that deadly poacher to play alongside.After scoring a splendid goal he set up chances for a number of players to score.Well done lads,we deserved the full three points but I am confident we can do it.Come on Tony this manager deserves full backing.UTM

Ajayi and Raggett were doing fine a few weeks ago but Warne insisted on bringing Wood back when he did not deserve a place. Wood is nowhere good enough for this league, far too slow.

Drop Wood and we will see an improvement in Semi who is being stretched to the max covering for a player who is not up to standard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast