+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Don't dispute that Ajayi has had a better season Ronners but the last couple of games or so he has reverted back to making costly errors. Raggett can do Ajayis job in cd and Ajayi is a good sitting central midfielder We looked very solid when we played this formation before Raggetts injury.

Score goals then defence let’s us down
    Defence is solid then we don’t score
    Can’t we just be good at all positions 😏

I’m not going to argue over a point though, I feared the worse when Wood was in the line up.

MOTM Vaulks

Simply could not believe how we went at them so easy in the first half. Thing is we simply could not score when it was there to be had.

Sucker punch of a goal to concede before the break but a well taken goal.

Second half and have it back. Ball pushed through to Smith who surprised me with how much ground he covered before coolly slotting the ball away. We pressed again and again and were rewarded by a shot that their keeper made a howler of, thank you.

Thought Ajayi made a complete hash of attempting to clear the ball. Straight back across our area and boom 2-2, sloppy defending.

Substitutions - Very poor from Warne as this game was simply calling out for Williams to be subbed and Proctor given the licence to finish them off such was their poor defence. It was there for the taking and Warne bottled it again but, having said that both Vaulkes and Towell could have and should have buried the game out of site!

A point when it should have been three. Wish Warne could have been as brave like he was against Sheff Utd so frustrating for him not to.

This was a game we should have won comfortably. Wednesday are truly awful. We played some good stuff in patches but, once again, failed to take some gilt edged chances. The miss by Vaulks was horrendous and Towell should have hit the target. If one of those had gone in it would have been game over.
    Smith was man of the match for me, he caused their back line no end of problems and took his goal superbly.
    Ajayi was certainly at fault for their equaliser. It should have been a straightforward clearance but he passed it straight to one of their players who promptly crossed it for Jaoa to head in. Semi really must cut these basic errors out of his game if he wants to play at a higher level.
    I couldn't understand why Warne didn't bring Proctor on when we had them rocking at 2-1. The manager definitely needs to be braver when we're on top.
    I suppose it shows how far we've come though when we're not happy with just a point against a MASSIVE club like Wendy.
    MASSIVE my ar$e. 😂
    By the way, did people hear the boos from the home supporters at the end?
    Maybe the Dutch **** star lookalike (so I'm told 😉 ) may still get the bullet in the morning.
    Last edited by mellowmiller; 08-12-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Correct Warne got subs wrong but we can’t moan about him can we and he certainly doesn’t look at himself when it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Correct Warne got subs wrong but we can’t moan about him can we and he certainly doesn’t look at himself when it goes wrong.
    But using Proctor may well have bagged all three points as they were so poor and there for the taking. Sometimes it is okay to question Warne's actions for a constructive reason.

Bit harsh suggesting Williams should have been subbed. For large parts of the game he was unplayable. He ran them ragged and all they could do was foul him.
    If he scored a few he's another one we would struggle to keep hold of

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Bit harsh suggesting Williams should have been subbed. For large parts of the game he was unplayable. He ran them ragged and all they could do was foul him.
    I was hoping he would push Williams out wide and bring Proctor on to play alongside Smith.
    I couldn't understand the Wiles substitution at all. What was it supposed to achieve?

Can't remember a Snouters team that were as bad as that.
    We're usually underdogs and absorbing their pressure.
    I think Bannon deciding to play a bit in the second half saved them from defeat.....plus our bad finishing.
    Took the heat off them and made us defend a bit.
    Hopefully we'll smash them at home

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Totally agree what you've put about Williams today. My point being was that he had run his blood to water so for the last 15 minutes, Warne should have brought Proctor on and given Williams the rest he fully deserved.

Proctor on fresh and fit and I feel we may well have gone on to bag all 3 points. Their back line could hardly manage Smith, who by the way was truly great today. Smith and Proctor? They would have never coped with them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast