+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mediocre squad even for the Championship.

Mediocre squad even for the Championship.

I know Robbie is saying that there will not be wholesale changes come January window BUT if you have a squad who can't get the better of teams like Ayr, Morton, Alloa, Arbroath and Ross County not to mention Inverness Cally then we are doomed for the Championship for quite a long time, he needs a clear out with at least half the team if we are even going to finish 2nd in this league. I foresee doom and gloom for the next few seasons, financially it could only get worse few.

Wasn't at Morton but from what I hear not much football played, got ahead but gifted them an equaliser. Not much of a reaction to a humiliating pumpfest last Friday.
    Expecting another disappointing season and if ICT comfortably beat us next week (usual stuff) it will confirm it for me.

I think we're capable of going up to Inverness and getting a positive result. Yes, it will be hard, but definitely do-able.

I hope your right, but I fear the worst especially if Rakovan is in the goal, when did he last have a shutout? The bounce ùnder Robbie is definately over IMO, We need new blood in every area of the park to have any chance of putting the mediocre teams above us under pressure.

Think we will struggle at Inverness.

RN has inherited a team with too many below average players. That said he is doing the best he can with it.

Wasn’t at Morton today, bt think over the last few games it’s clear to see that the original concerns for this team are still clearly evident, and that if we are to make any decent challlenge on this league we need more than a couple of new additions.

Same team that has won at firhill, won at east end park and in dingwall, ok drew today by that's decent away form, even won in Dumfries and Falkirk under Csaba

Won't be easy but Inverness are no longer on a long unbeaten run

Yet you only get the Transfer Windows to do something about it? So if your manager hasn't done a good job in recruitment, is a season ticket worth it?

Can anyone answer this question: Who scouted Rakovan, Wardrop, Barton & Rabitsch?

Got to say this, wasn't at Greenock BUT when I seen todays line up I thought this is our strongest team, that said we cannot beet Morton who got jumped 3-0 last week, I rest my case.

I said at the time the decision to keep Shabba on last season would be a disaster for the club financially,such a pity the chairman did not agree with me.Its easy to sack a manager but you have a major problem if you give him the summer window to bring in below average players on long term deals.
    We now have a manager who is class above the club in its current form but unfortunately he is hamstrung with the squad he has inherited and the only solution would be very rich owners coming in to pay off all the deadwood and bankroll a new team,pretty depressing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Got to say this, wasn't at Greenock BUT when I seen todays line up I thought this is our strongest team, that said we cannot beet Morton who got jumped 3-0 last week, I rest my case.
    Away from home against a team they had already beaten at home, they are one of the teams along with qots who are capable of taking pts from anyone, they drew at Ayr the other week before Ayr came to Tannadice

So really what case is that? Other than a random sentence and selectivity of results, Morton beat Ross County, lost to Ayr, drew with us, beat Falkirk, lost to Alloa... beat Dunfermline, all in Greenock

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)