+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing on back the good times ..

Bringing on back the good times ..

https://youtu.be/Mg_WrOy11Zs

... taking away the bad ...

Since the day Martin O Neil cowardly walked away from our club we have been humiliated, ridiculed and boy have we suffered .... Houllier, Mcleish, Lambert, Tim nice but Dim, the French geezer, Do Matteo and the worst of the lot Potatoe head.... of all those at least Timothy gave us a little hope and we actually tried to play like "The Villa" and that week we beat the bog rolls twice in the cup and league was Villaesq

I honestly think that at last with Dean Smith we have the real deal... like Big Ron, Gregory and O Neil before him, his philosophy is ... you score 3 and we'll score 4 ... and most of us love it. Deano by virtue of his affinity with our club and his football philosophy is "one of us" so buckle up and let's all enjoy the ride

Come on you Villa boys
    Last edited by iwuztherein82; 08-12-2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Adding text

Since MON we never really found a proper replacement until now. Lambert was ok considering the transfer restrictions. Houllier Mcleish were just bad ideas full stop. I can see why we gave RDM a try but again didn't deliver.
    Tim was great short term and injected new ideas when Lambert ran out of ideas but Tim lost the plot the 2nd season and got found out for being another average manager.
    Bruce was decent and managed to build a very decent squad but again ran out of ideas it seems. Yes Iwuz Deano looks like the real deal and long may it continue.

Lambert was ok? Just look what hes doing to Ipswich, stoke and whst he did to us, great at relegating teams. Bombed hutton out, just what was ok about him actually? Bongo i will give you Mon but not Lambert, i hated the pratt. The team has that Big Ron feel about it, plenty of goals and some fine attacking football we have been starved of for about 10 years now. Good times back.....far too early to say! Deano is doing really well unbeaten in 6 now. Bring on Stoke.

Ps Lamberk will be sacked by Ipswich before XMas.

Lamberk was good at Norwich but I'm not denying he wasn't the best. Not the worsed either.
    That's why I was gutted MON left. I knew replacing him would be ridiculously hard.

Mcleish was a good idea at the time... except for the fact he followed on from Houllier who is the polar opposite of him.tactically. Houllier was a fantastic appointment theoretically. Roberto DiMaDrawio was a really exciting prospect who it was clear to.see after a few games was inept. Lambert was fantastic on paper with what he did at Norwich and is similar to Smith in that he had done it at lower levels at nd villa was his first crack at the big time. A big time he is most certainly not capable of. Tim Sherwood was a fan favourite before he got the job and some what of a cult hero amongst fans as he is a "media darling" and ever so amicable.

Remi Garde arrived at exactly the wrong time. And the villa had already pressed the implode button. His appointment was summed up with the fact the official website spelt his name wrong!

Mr Bruce was exactly what we needed and IF he had won that one game.last May he would be held in a lot higher regard than he is.

That is far too many managers for any club to have had in what, 7 years or so???

Dean Smith seems to have taken the best attributes from all those above and could well be here for 10 years and get us back.into the big time... however, apart from Garde I felt the same way about all.the others listed above for different reasons

Mcleish, Bruce, Lamberk, they were always battling with the fans, excuses and never really looking comfortable. Smith on the other hand will never be hounded out even if he fails because he is one of our own. The presdure will be less on him from the fans. Results is what matterd and at the minute he is doing ok but we all know things can change so quickly in football

Even Doug got hounded out at one point. Our club and fans can be quite ruthless at times.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 09-12-2018 at 11:54 PM.

The fans were jaded and sick of the manager turnover. Dean's Villa. He's one of us. It's all we've needed. Exciting times.

It's a tough business managing a football club but an even tougher one managing Villa, trying to do the owner's bidding and keep a demanding fanbase happy. We've had some semi-finals and Wembley trips here & there but the days when this was regular are long gone. In fairness to Bruce he connected with the supporters for most of his time here, we were very close to dreamland at one stage under MON until that 15 mins vs Stoke from which we never recovered as one of the biggest spending clubs at the time. I also liked the football that Tim had us playing - dominating Man City away and playing with some swagger, that's what Villa is all about.

I'm loving it under the new boss, he's one of our own and as has already been said the team has the feel of a Big Ron side. I really do hope that should we go on a bad run that our fans stay the course and ignore the stirrers in the media and on the social networks. A great start to his time here and long may that continue - Vive La Revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    It's a tough business managing a football club but an even tougher one managing Villa, trying to do the owner's bidding and keep a demanding fanbase happy. We've had some semi-finals and Wembley trips here & there but the days when this was regular are long gone. In fairness to Bruce he connected with the supporters for most of his time here, we were very close to dreamland at one stage under MON until that 15 mins vs Stoke from which we never recovered as one of the biggest spending clubs at the time. I also liked the football that Tim had us playing - dominating Man City away and playing with some swagger, that's what Villa is all about.

I'm loving it under the new boss, he's one of our own and as has already been said the team has the feel of a Big Ron side. I really do hope that should we go on a bad run that our fans stay the course and ignore the stirrers in the media and on the social networks. A great start to his time here and long may that continue - Vive La Revolution!
    Like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)