+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am .......

I am .......

Starting to worry about our form again going into the Christmas season and new year
    It seems to be a worrying trend every season where we seem to hit the buffers at this time of year
    We were poor again the day trying to hang on for a 1 nil win
    I knew that equaliser was coming

So did I but I was hoping in vain that we would push for a 2nd goal to kill the game, plonker that I am.

After a defeat and a draw? Bit dramatic

We are going to drop pts all season with the side we have and the nature of the league this year as well the others, we did very well to put a run of wins together there, we have to put more of those runs together now, also a couple shrewd changed in January will help

Also last two seasons we were top at Christmas before a proper horrific run past Christmas that lasted months both times before we picked up again around April time do not really comparable at the moment

Dnt think it is dramatic. The frailties of this team are clear to see and are a major concern.

RN isn’t at fault by any stretch of the imagination. Bt I thought the team selected was as close to, if nt our strongest team, and from what I’m hearing not much football was played and we were back to our old ways of trying to hold onto a 1-0 lead!

January is nt the best transfer window, bt I think our season may well hinge on it.

We will drop points all season as will other teams in this difficult league. My worry however is that we lose pace with the teams at the top and leave ourselves with a mountain to climb again.

We could be 8 behind Ayr if they win their game in hand
    Really need a win at Inverness to keep in touch with them
    I know there is still a long way to go so not panicking yet but I am a worrier by nature
    At least country didn’t gain on us today

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    After a defeat and a draw? Bit dramatic

We are going to drop pts all season with the side we have and the nature of the league this year as well the others, we did very well to put a run of wins together there, we have to put more of those runs together now, also a couple shrewd changed in January will help

Also last two seasons we were top at Christmas before a proper horrific run past Christmas that lasted months both times before we picked up again around April time do not really comparable at the moment
    For once i am fully in agreement with shedka. The bare bones of a team are there and a couple of good moves in and out should help us. I have also had a fear about being top at Christmas as its not helped us out yet, so i wont be too upset to be in the mix after Falkirk.

Main thing is, under Nielson, we have gone from 3-3-3 after 9 games to 5-1-1 after 7 and already have more points this quarter than under Shabba. 2 wins would be superb, but will settle for being in touching distance of the leaders!

The other teams are and will continue to drop pts too

As you say first quarter was no use at 12pts from 27 had to play catch up, second quarter with 2 games to go we have taken 16pts from 21 so far and got ourselves back into it a bit... still room for improvement under Neilson second half of season and plenty work to do but no need to be overly gloomy

It was much worse just over two months ago with no light at end of tunnel under Laszlo, god knows where we'd be right now but certainly not on 28 pts

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    Starting to worry about our form again going into the Christmas season and new year
    It seems to be a worrying trend every season where we seem to hit the buffers at this time of year
    We were poor again the day trying to hang on for a 1 nil win
    I knew that equaliser was coming
    I had finally had enough last Christmas in Paisley when we gave Lewis Morgan the freedom of ST Mirren park to destroy our promotion hopes,up until then i had attended almost every match in the lower tier of Scottish football home and away.Although my season ticket was valid to May i never returned.When i heard Thompson was out i was all for backing the new regime to the hilt until it became apparent that the monkey was taking over from the organ grinder and he decided to throw all our limited resources into the hands of a clown.
    To be honest its the type of behaviour you would expect from the bowels of the AuldHunStand,but instead this was happening at Tannadice at the whim of a former banker,i can only think he ended up running my club because he was found wanting during the financial crash of 2008.

the new owners will save us I'm sure GB!

my worry is we have a very good proven manager at this and higher level but none of his players are in our team yet?

after last weeks inept performance I expected a decent reaction....sadly it seems a similar reaction that these players gave Csaba!!

too many hiding again after the initial new manager bounce....maybe the harder more professional training is to much for them?

see yah then.....no we cant as on 2 yr contracts!

RN hands are sadly tied

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)