+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan B and c needed

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I'm stuck somewhere between 1981 and today .

The thing is we haven't the quality to be doing this squad rotation systen as a team , individually possibly but not as a team .

I'm concerned Stendel is another Tom Thumb , making this thing more complicated than it needs to be .

Hecky had this league one b@llax sussed , two wide lads , Isgrove and Hammill and two up top Fletcher and Winnall to feed to , Hourihane to dictate the tempo and a back four to defend in Mawson and Roberts and nowt else .

Hecky wasn't a tactical genius it was just plain fecking common sense .

We have a 6 foot 7 striker and a fox in the box striker as a partner and no fecking width , I don't get it to tell the truth .

Get the fecking ball in the box asap , if Moore doesn't get on the end of it Woodrow will be on the bits n pieces .

This league ain't rocket science , get some width in the squad ffs .
    Helps when you’ve got good players like Hecky had left for him

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Hecky did o'reyt with the squad he inherited, which was a good one for the Third Division. He got us promoted and won the JPT Cup, then took us to 7th in the Championship but then lost three key players.

Stendel is doing o'reyt with the squad he inherited, which is a good one for the Third Division. His challenge is to get us promoted back to where we were when the new owners came in a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Aye the same players Tom Thumb had that couldn't win a game to save their lives before xmas .

Aye the same players Tom Thumb had that couldn't win a game to save their lives before xmas .
    Like thee am still drying art frum that two hours standing on the oppun terrace at Altrincham watching the 1-0 FA Cup defeat when it wo piss1ng darn and Tom walked straight darn tunnel at end. He wo up theear wi Morais fo pillakin.

We aren't a million miles away from having a squad good enough to get promoted .

Some width and a couple of seasoned campaigners and we'd be ok .

Isgrove could provide the width , the question mark is his ability to stay fit of course .

Hammill could provide the width and the experience ?

I'm lukewarm on this but I can see the requirement needed and it's just that it feels like we can't move on that bothers me .

I'm frustrated with it , it's so up and down and inconsistent , drives me mad , at least when we are shyte you know you are shyte and you can live with it but this 4 goals away one week and can't string two passes together the next boils my pyss .

For all that and I've seen every home bar one I think we've put only two good halfs together all season at Oakwell , the Oxford game and one and a half against Luton , the rest of it is distinctively average .

Give me a play off spot right now and I'd snatch your hand off .

One of the best teams we’ve had down there for years and years until it was sold off that one. The fact Johnson struggled to get them performing consistently was just a reflection on him

I'm frustrated with it , it's so up and down and inconsistent , drives me mad , at least when we are shyte you know you are shyte and you can live with it but this 4 goals away one week and can't string two passes together the next boils my pyss .
    Tha'll get inconsistency if thi policy is just to recruit and laik yung 'uns.

"We are happy with what we have"---Goat, near end of transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha'll get inconsistency if thi policy is just to recruit and laik yung 'uns.

"We are happy with what we have"---Goat, near end of transfer window
    Very true SB , what they aren't factoring in is the fact that a couple of seasoned campaigners could aid their development and increase their value in the transfer market .

I wonder how much a young Mick Mac benefited from John Saunders and Ian Evans at his side ?.

Very true SB , what they aren't factoring in is the fact that a couple of seasoned campaigners could aid their development and increase their value in the transfer market .

I wonder how much a young Mick Mac benefited from John Saunders and Ian Evans at his side ?.
    Very good point Animal. It wouldn't do any harm to our young squad

It's the same in a lot of walks of life/ business. There will be a few bright young things gerrin the headlines and top wages and behind the scenes there will be experienced old hands holding the thing together and doing mooista the work. I suspect Beth at BFC izza good example of this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast