+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan B and c needed

Plan B and c needed

Now we will see what stendal is made of goes to show just how limited his skills are i hope get a plan B cos plan A is not wotking ..

Quote Originally Posted by Joydolan View Post
    Now we will see what stendal is made of goes to show just how limited his skills are i hope get a plan B cos plan A is not wotking ..
    Didn't the wheels start to come off at Hanover around this stage of the season and he was sacked early in the new year .

Hopefully not because I like both him and Winkler .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Didn't the wheels start to come off at Hanover around this stage of the season and he was sacked early in the new year .

Hopefully not because I like both him and Winkler .
    Lets have no knee jerk reactions. It isn't ar5eholes and elbows time just yet.

After a good start the players are starting to bottle it.

January is coming to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Lets have no knee jerk reactions. It isn't ar5eholes and elbows time just yet.

After a good start the players are starting to bottle it.

January is coming to the rescue
    No it's not knee jerk steve , Stendel and Winkler will have to adapt when it's not going our way .

As I said on another thread the top 6 is the minimum given the spend for this level , if we fail in the play offs then we fail but we offer the Germans another season at least .

If we don't make the top 6 then that's another matter , questions need to be asked in my opinion and a change maybe necessary .

The bar has to be set somewhere after all .

He's doing a good steady job for me. Maybe his inexperience of this league and English football is showing at times. He'll learn as he guz on. Theres still plenty of points to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He's doing a good steady job for me. Maybe his inexperience of this league and English football is showing at times. He'll learn as he guz on. Theres still plenty of points to play for.
    It's a bit bizarre at times Pass , the dropping of Woodrow to the bench against Donny wasn't great to save him for the Sunderland game .

Potts today on the bench , the substitutions today looked a bit lost , Woodrow off and J Williams on , hmmm .

My point is while our better championship days seem beyond us there isn't anywhere to hide in league one and we need a standard target , top 6 isn't unreasonable given the budget in my opinion .

As I said on another thread if we fail in the play offs then fair enough but we give Stendel and Winkler another go , finish outside of the top 6 and questions need to be asked and a pragmatic approach .

It's a bit bizarre at times Pass , the dropping of Woodrow to the bench against Donny wasn't great to save him for the Sunderland game .

Potts today on the bench , the substitutions today looked a bit lost , Woodrow off and J Williams on , hmmm .

My point is while our better championship days seem beyond us there isn't anywhere to hide in league one and we need a standard target , top 6 isn't unreasonable given the budget in my opinion .

As I said on another thread if we fail in the play offs then fair enough but we give Stendel and Winkler another go , finish outside of the top 6 and questions need to be asked and a pragmatic approach .

Continental head coaches have a tendency to utilize the entire squad, it's the way they operate. However, I believe it should be kept simple, especially at this level. The converting of certain players can lead to mass debate, fair enuff that's football. Christ wiv seen some wazzarcs over years darn theear. I remember a promising young striker called Jon Parkin being moved to centre aif for a spell by some idiot. Parkin went on to scooar nearly 200 goals in his career, a fair few in the championship too

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Continental head coaches have a tendency to utilize the entire squad, it's the way they operate. However, I believe it should be kept simple, especially at this level. The converting of certain players can lead to mass debate, fair enuff that's football. Christ wiv seen some wazzarcs over years darn theear. I remember a promising young striker called Jon Parkin being moved to centre aif for a spell by some idiot. Parkin went on to scooar nearly 200 goals in his career, a fair few in the championship too
    I'll be the first to admit I'm stuck somewhere between 1981 and today .

The thing is we haven't the quality to be doing this squad rotation systen as a team , individually possibly but not as a team .

I'm concerned Stendel is another Tom Thumb , making this thing more complicated than it needs to be .

Hecky had this league one b@llax sussed , two wide lads , Isgrove and Hammill and two up top Fletcher and Winnall to feed to , Hourihane to dictate the tempo and a back four to defend in Mawson and Roberts and nowt else .

Hecky wasn't a tactical genius it was just plain fecking common sense .

We have a 6 foot 7 striker and a fox in the box striker as a partner and no fecking width , I don't get it to tell the truth .

Get the fecking ball in the box asap , if Moore doesn't get on the end of it Woodrow will be on the bits n pieces .

This league ain't rocket science , get some width in the squad ffs .

I'll be the first to admit I'm stuck somewhere between 1981 and today .

The thing is we haven't the quality to be doing this squad rotation systen as a team , individually possibly but not as a team .

I'm concerned Stendel is another Tom Thumb , making this thing more complicated than it needs to be .

Hecky had this league one b@llax sussed , two wide lads , Isgrove and Hammill and two up top Fletcher and Winnall to feed to , Hourihane to dictate the tempo and a back four to defend in Mawson and Roberts and nowt else .

Hecky wasn't a tactical genius it was just plain fecking common sense .

We have a 6 foot 7 striker and a fox in the box striker as a partner and no fecking width , I don't get it to tell the truth .

Get the fecking ball in the box asap , if Moore doesn't get on the end of it Woodrow will be on the bits n pieces .

This league ain't rocket science , get some width in the squad ffs .
    Someone like Hammill

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Someone like Hammill
    Good to see you've come round to that view Jules

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast