+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mansfield stewards and policing today

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    But if it was in the Guardian . The Sun in not a newspaper I read but don't treat people who do like their idiots by using stupid emjois .
    I dont read the Guardian either. Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.

It’s all about opinions..
    I have my own
    You all have yours
    As I said the stewards and policing over reacted as of many seasons gone by when we gone to mansfaild
    I don’t cause trouble nor do I look for it...

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have done 90 odd grounds with Notts & since the bad days of early 70s until mid 80s I have always found that if you are ok with Police & Stewards they are fair with you,some grounds (Stags being one) you know that they can be strict so you take more care don't you?I haven't bothered making the trip the last few seasons but I have probably attended 8/9 games at "Field Mill" in the past & the majority of problems within the ground have been caused by drunken Notts fans rather than Stewards (sorry I still haven't forgiven our "fans" for wrecking the bogs when I was bursting a couple of years ago)
    Good point AP. My son and I were at that game just before we flew out of England to fly home. I went to get my son something to eat five minutes before half time and some dick head Notts' fans were trying to cause trouble at the catering outlet. It meant that I was twenty minutes before I got back to my son, who being only eight panicked and ran down to the stewards. They were extremely helpful and looked after him until I got back.

The problem is, Notts have played cr@p against the Stags for the last few years and rather than encourage their team on, even in times of being poor, some idiots who call themselves Notts' fans, have a Shandy too many and think they are clever abusing people who give up their Saturdays to steward at football matches. Unfortunately, I don't think things will change in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The bogs were pretty bad when I went last time, but not because we wrecked them. I have been to nearly as many grounds, 70 maybe, and Mansfield as often as you, and I would not put most problems down to drunken Notts fans. On the whole, our behaviour has been good and most fans have just gone to watch the match.

I don't know why some of our fans are so keen to put down their own.
    Because one idiot is too many from either set of fans. We only have a few fans, but we have more than our fair share of troglodytes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Because one idiot is too many from either set of fans. We only have a few fans, but we have more than our fair share of troglodytes.
    There are about 20 or 30 Burberry boys/kids who think they are a proper firm.
    I recognise most of them by sight.

Didn't see them at Exeter, Morecambe and don't expect to see them at Yeovil or Carlisle either.

They get drunk and make token gestures to stewards and home fans from the safety of the away end.

They would all run a mile if confronted by proper hooligans (that's not an accolade by the way).

Wannabee hard cases - don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I dont read the Guardian either. Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.
    I can't make any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I would say historically Notts have had less than average troglodytes, though there have been a few.

Here's another tale of a troglodyte visiting Mansfield:

A father has spoken of the moment his panic-stricken daughter contacted him after she says she was frisked by a male steward at an Imps game.

Shaun Purdey, 44, has complained to Mansfield Town Football Club after receiving texts from his six****-year-old daughter in a state of panic after she claimed to be searched and frisked by a male steward.

The incident is alleged to have happened as she attempted to enter the One Call stadium before the Checkatrade Trophy match with Lincoln City on Tuesday, August 29.

The worried schoolgirl ,unsure of security policy, begrudgingly accepted, much to the disgust of her father, who also claims another steward laughed in her face when she went to complain.

“My daughter and her friend had gone to watch the match and were waiting to get into the ground,” said Mr Purdey, who is an estate manager for a mental health company.

“A male steward told them they would need to be patted down before they went into the ground, which is fairly standard.

“She said you can’t touch me but they said because there wasn’t a female steward he would have to do it.

“My daughter texted me when she got inside as she was a bit frightened and upset and felt a bit uncomfortable as well.

“They went to another steward to complain and he just laughed in their face.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/n...ng-male-416047

Here's another one a quick search shows, but the original story in the Chad appears to have been airbrushed from history

Stags sack stewards and apologise - Mansfield and Ashfield Chad
    https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/.../man...pologise-1-690...

3 May 2007 - Mansfield Town today sacked several stewards and issued an apology in the row over the treatment of fans at the Stags' last home game.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 10-12-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123