+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield stewards and policing today

Mansfield stewards and policing today

As normal it was absolutely shocking..
    I can understand they have a job to do
    However
    Today was just pathetic and over the top.
    I hope when they return to meadow lane they’re given the same treatment..
    Those that were in attendance will know how over the top once again they were in the treatment of some supporters..
    I can see why many stay away from this game which is a shame...
    Poor form from the stewards and police

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    However
    Those that were in attendance will know how over the top once again they were in the treatment of some supporters..
    Could you expand a little on the reasons why you feel this, I had no problem today or in the past

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Could you expand a little on the reasons why you feel this, I had no problem today or in the past
    I wasn't there today, but I certainly had a problem with them in 1998. Their management of the crowd that day was woeful.

I didn't see any issues at all today in this regard, - so go ahead and expand....

I could see on iFollow that it kicked off in the away end. Seemed like someone was getting chucked out, which caused the fans to sort of swarm around the stewards. This **** happens every year, but it's usually a combo of too much ale and being humiliated (yet again) in public. Eventually people just snap and lose it. While I don't condone it, I can understand how that happens. Every time I've been to Field Mill it has been miserable and frustrating, being mocked by bloody Mansfield fans while our players offer no fight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    However
    So you hope our fans, who are in no way responsible for the stewarding, get the same treatment. That's mature of you.

Probably won't be a problem after this season for a while as the Stags look a good enough side to be going up to L1, and unless NA can perform miracles like raising the dead County will be spending some time counting a trip to Solihull Moors as a local derby.

I didn't go yesterday so can't possibly comment on what might or might not have happened but as someone who attends a lot of away games, I can honestly say I find the stewards nothing but polite and helpful on the whole. When it does kick off it's usually Notts fans making total arses of themselves. I would imagine the stewards down the Lane experience the same thing.

Wasn't there yesterday so I'll leave others to judge, but no doubt stewards and the police will have been told to take a zero tolerance approach, bearing in mind the incidents a couple of years ago when a bunch of imposters turned up pretending to be fans and caused all sorts of trouble.

In all my time following Notts County away, the only time I've genuinely seen stewards overreact was at Bolton's old Burnden Park ground, where I saw a steward attack a Notts fan without any provocation.

I've seen various other clashes, and every time there have been a group of Notts "fans" claiming their innocence, but in every case they've actually been acting in a provocative manner to the point where officials had no choice but to intervene. Ninety-nine times out a hundred its a minority of so-called supporters going out looking for confrontation, and as far as I'm concerned you can ban every last single one of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast