+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Time for Proctor

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The formation can be both an attacking one or a defensive one or indeed both at the same time. 3 at the back means we can defend a little higher up the pitch but not as high as we do now and it means we dont have to play as deep as we do right now either.

Our problems have almost always been down to us defending to high or to deep and the 3 at the back formation gives us more control of the pitch in midfield.

Having 2 players up top who are actual strikers has to give us more of a chance of scoring than pinning our hopes on midfielders as was proved with the 2 blazing misses from Volks and Towell this weekend.

That is why I think the formation will suit the players better.
    Having heard about the misses yesterday I was expecting absolute howlers. Now having watched the highlights, yes they were chances but not the 'blazing' misses I was expecting. Our opponents miss similar chances every game we play (including yesterday) and we seem to forget about those and think we are the only ones who suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Having heard about the misses yesterday I was expecting absolute howlers. Now having watched the highlights, yes they were chances but not the 'blazing' misses I was expecting. Our opponents miss similar chances every game we play (including yesterday) and we seem to forget about those and think we are the only ones who suffer.
    I agree to some extent about the effort from Towell but Vaulks should certainly have scored and he didn't even hit the target.
    It probably looked even worse because we were viewing it from behind the goal.
    I've lost count now of the number of clear cut chances we've missed this season and just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    this will be controversial but the best thing for rufc would be.
    put woody out to pasture, try to sign raggett from norwich, bring ike back from loan. and sell ajayi for anything over 1.5 million in january...
    with the money start looking for a decent keeper and a holding midfielder.
    playing ajayi in midfield is mental. he cant pass a ball, hes crap under pressure hes half decent in the air and has a bit of pace..
    The only real thing that playing Proctor does is ensure that we have someone in the box likely to put the ball int net when Smith goes out to collect the ball.

Woody is a good captain so I'd leave him where he is.
    Would love it if we could get Raggett.
    I kind of agree with the £1.5m as a minimum but would expect more for Ajayi maybe £2.5m
    I like Ajayi in midfield. I think that he's a better player on the move than from the stand still.

Should Smallwood have gone?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Should Smallwood have gone?
    He said that it was as if Warne wasn't sure about him and had decided to leave before a contract was finally offered. H's the typ of player that would make us a better team.

He’s proving he can still play at this level at Blackburn

if your all thinking proctor is the answer to our goal draught then its time to lay off the ale..
    Be interesting to know why you think he isn’t?

this will be controversial but the best thing for rufc would be.
    put woody out to pasture, try to sign raggett from norwich, bring ike back from loan. and sell ajayi for anything over 1.5 million in january...
    with the money start looking for a decent keeper and a holding midfielder.
    playing ajayi in midfield is mental. he cant pass a ball, hes crap under pressure hes half decent in the air and has a bit of pace..
    It’s Warney that wants Ajayi in Midfielder, Maybe he’s thinking if he drops a *******s then there’s the defence to back him up, he might have a point but I’d rather Ajayi stays put but learns ASAP to get rid of the ball instead of gifting goals to opposition

Ajayi looks solid with Robertson at the side of him.

So you could say he’s a solid semi 😁

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Be interesting to know why you think he isn’t?
    The lad looks at least a stone overweight which he didn't last season. Lean and mean was how I saw him last season. Not so this..

He was never blessed with pace and since the injury he looks like he's treading water when hes running.
    Matt Derbyshire didn't have pace but he was quick in mind.

Warner only played one upfront and when fit it will always be Smith. Only roles for proctor would be as a number 10 which for the above reasons he's not ideal or for 20 minutes from the bench which is how Warner is playing him..
    Tbf I think our goal return over the past dozen games has been ok. It's the chances to goals that's not great.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast