+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greg Halford

Greg Halford

Yes and if we go up barry will get a new 2 year contract i give up

No wonder the younger players go elsewhere, this is worse than under that moron Pulis, he liked an over 30 year old, but ffs Darren give the youngsters a chance, seems the club hasn't got a pot to piss in, this no way to build a squad for the future, embarrassing.

Is there anyone outside the club management who doesn't believe Field deserves a starting place? Also young enthusiasm on the bench is far more preferable to Brunt, Mears etc. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    The point is he is cheap,i'm starting to get worried about whats going on , the club are saying we have no money despite slashing the wage bill and the parachute payment is this typical Jenkins spin or is the owner taking some out of the club.

The problem is that any team looking for promotion to the premiership needs to build a team to compete, combined with what they have and with two or three quality signings the team hopes to make a fist of it.
    Albion on the other hand are stuck with numerous over 30's none of which are any good anymore for the Premiership, our failure to introduce youth from our own ranks combined with a manager who is clearly out of his depth will come back to bite us, a poor championship could see anyone getting promoted, if we get there God help us, the current team are nowhere near as good as the one first promoted all those years ago under SGM.
    Looking at useless has beens like Halford, Mears, Hoolihan, Barry, Sako, combined with past it Brunt just show where we are at as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost city albion View Post
    Yes and if we go up barry will get a new 2 year contract i give up
    No chance of that lost ?

Going up .😉

I think Lai is praying he can get us up on the cheap this season and then sell as a Prem club next summer.

There’s more chance of him outgrowing one of his Bonsai trees than that happening.

I certainly am not against us getting players on free’s or on loan but surely we should be looking at younger players in the main. For me the lack of quickness in the team was the biggest factor in the Pulis regime both at Stoke and with us. Experience is important but only to bring out the best in the younger, fitter, keener players.

A team full of over 30s in my opinion is only going one way and that is not upwards. Interestingly despite all the over 30s we have signed and are now paying wages than fans can only dream of, they are not getting much game time. Money for old rope just sitting on the bench most of the time and at best a bit of run out for the last 10 minutes or so. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    The problem is that any team looking for promotion to the premiership needs to build a team to compete, combined with what they have and with two or three quality signings the team hopes to make a fist of it.
    Albion on the other hand are stuck with numerous over 30's none of which are any good anymore for the Premiership, our failure to introduce youth from our own ranks combined with a manager who is clearly out of his depth will come back to bite us, a poor championship could see anyone getting promoted, if we get there God help us, the current team are nowhere near as good as the one first promoted all those years ago under SGM.
    Looking at useless has beens like Halford, Mears, Hoolihan, Barry, Sako, combined with past it Brunt just show where we are at as a club.

My sentiments exactly! Darren Moore has demonstrated time and time again to me, he's out of his depth completely. We got out of jail again on Friday for sure! Apart from Barnes and Gayle, I could not say there's much quality - even Johnstone is so inferior to Foster it's frightening - even more frightening with his positioning!

If we go up - there will be zero cash injection so is there any point!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)