+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blessing in disguise?

Blessing in disguise?

At the start of the season, the big worry for many, including myself, was whether the squad would burn out and our season fall apart.
    I'm beginning to think that this is now less likely, as so many players have had significant 'rest' due to injuries.
    Some players may experience fatigue, but not the whole squad at the same time. These players can be rested.
    The other encouraging thing is that the younger players can slot in relatively easily as they are all playing the same type of football - down to good planning, of course.

imagine the improvement when all the injured return. 4 wins on the spin, conceeding just 1 goal, with no defence to speak of, the signs are good.

I'm not counting my chickens just yet. I'm amazed we've won the last 4 with how we've played but ill take it! Only worry is there is no way you can keep playing like we are and win football games.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'm not counting my chickens just yet. I'm amazed we've won the last 4 with how we've played but ill take it! Only worry is there is no way you can keep playing like we are and win football games.
    To be honest I've felt a bit like that since Rotherham - when I look at our wins after the first two games then I'd say only Norwich, Preston, Ipswich, Bristol City and Wigan were comfortable. All the others, and the draws, felt like we'd done well to get the result we did and on each occasion I was relieved when the final whistle went, (except maybe Sheff Wed, we should have won that). So given we're five points clear in 2nd having played like that so far I think this may well be how it goes to the end of the season, with hopefully the same results. Or even, if our current fit players stay fit, and the rest come back, maybe we're going to get stronger in the 2nd half of the season - that's my glass half full view of what's to come anyway!

im loving this season! best football weve played in ages, a small but hungry squad, players all playing for each other, fans turning up every match in huge numbers, the new manager got to be 1 of the most interesting and different type of managers to what weve possibly ever had, hes turned what we thought were some average players into top championswhip players, and the way the kids are playing when they come in, feck me weve got a future folks, and its a damn good 1!

Size of the squad and the injurys we have had..Bielsa is a feckin genius to have us where we are..and like BB says when we get all our injured back and fit we are gonna be in great shape.

Would still like a quality Keeper and CB next transfer window to bolster the squad..oh and a quality striker perhaps.

Just to be sure to be sure

Ditto Rev

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)