+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll - Will We Avoid Relegation?

Yes we will, if we don’t then there’s only one person to blame.

Birmingham away was not a great game ....for us anyway

If memory serves me right we only had haif a team out against Brum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes we will, if we don’t then there’s only one person to blame.
    Don't take it so personally MT. Some of us won't blame you

We will be well clear. No problem at all.

On the balance of the evidence, I think we will survive.

Rather than thinking about the number of games we might win or draw to secure our place for 2019/20, I prefer to think in terms of simply having to continue to play as well as or better than three of the four clubs bellow us for the rest of the season. If any of the five or so clubs above us play worse than we do in this period, there is also a chance they will fall below us and further reduce the likelihood of us being one of those that drop out.

Based on how well we have played so far, there is a pretty good chance of us escaping the drop. Other than Brentford, nobody has beaten us easily. We are consistently within a goal of a win. Other than perhaps the Swansea match, there is no evidence that we are 'lucky to be where we are' and that our 'luck might run out'. If anything we've been 'unlucky' not to have pulled more wins from the drawn games.

We need to get the away win hoodoo off our back. Notice that once we got our first point away point we have followed this with quite a few draws. Could be the same with a win away.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    On the balance of the evidence, I think we will survive.

Rather than thinking about the number of games we might win or draw to secure our place for 2019/20, I prefer to think in terms of simply having to continue to play as well as or better than three of the four clubs bellow us for the rest of the season. If any of the five or so clubs above us play worse than we do in this period, there is also a chance they will fall below us and further reduce the likelihood of us being one of those that drop out.

Based on how well we have played so far, there is a pretty good chance of us escaping the drop. Other than Brentford, nobody has beaten us easily. We are consistently within a goal of a win. Other than perhaps the Swansea match, there is no evidence that we are 'lucky to be where we are' and that our 'luck might run out'. If anything we've been 'unlucky' not to have pulled more wins from the drawn games.
    Sensible and true.
    We may well win games we’re not expected to and lose the ones we think we should win.
    We just have to keep giving it our best.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We're going to need 9 more wins I reckon! Which games do you think we'll win and when we'll be safe!

Rotherham United v Reading
    Rotherham United v West Bromwich …
    Bolton Wanderers v Rotherham United
    Bristol City v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Preston North End
    Ipswich Town v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Brentford
    Rotherham United v Leeds United
    Millwall v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Wigan Athletic
    Hull City v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Sheffield Wedn…
    Reading v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Blackburn Rovers
    Sheffield United v Rotherham United
    Queens Park Ra… v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Norwich City
    Derby County v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Nottingham Forest
    Rotherham United v Aston Villa
    Stoke City v Rotherham United
    Swansea City v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Birmingham City
    West Bromwich … v Rotherham United
    Rotherham United v Middlesbrough
    Just beat Forest lads.

Really hope so. Very strong league and even if we go down Warney has done an amazing job given the budget. The fact that we can compete, especially at home has surprised me and already we’ve seen some great games at the NY. I reckon few teams will expect 3 points at our place and as long as the home form continues we have a chance of getting another season in this tough tough league. Championship is tough but absolutely brilliant entertainment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast