+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll - Will We Avoid Relegation?

Think we'll have a clear idea by early February when we'll know how we've fared in the six-pointers coming up and how much Mr Stewart has been financially willing to back his manager in the January transfer window. We certainly need more quality recruiting.

if we keep the loan signings and we make 2 to 3 more first teamers in January than yes.

if it's the same squad I just think we will get caught out.

Keep up with the 4-5-1 and we’ll go down as draws are simply not good enough to retain championship status.

We will also be thread bare if the loaners are recalled. We definitely need new players even if the rest stay.

CMiller made the point if others below and around also have bad runs we should be okay. Okay if this comes off but, we shouldn’t have to rely on others losing if we are to stay up. We should be able to win our own points and hopefully not have to rely on other results.

We have a great resource in Proctor but Warne bottled it yesterday by not using him at a crucial part in the game.

All the talk of we need a new forward, why is a Smith rubbish? Err no. Is Proctor s good player? Well when he plays he seems to deliver.

Warne has already indentified which players he knows he needs but, it’s another job landing them.

He still has my full support but please Paul, be brave and don’t be afraid to utilise all your players you have at your disposal.

I wish I could give a straightforward yes or no answer but I'm not sure which way it's going to go. I think it will go all the way to the last game. We were lucky to win some of the games we've won and have been unlucky not to win some of the games we've lost or drawn.
    These draws were all fun and games at first, but we've had so many now, you can't help worrying that they'll hinder us in the end.
    I think we'll win another five or six games and probably draw a good few more too, which might just be enough.

Can’t see us being relegated

I said this at start of season we are no where near the worst team in the division Ipswich and reading will be dropped for sure Bolton or milwall will drop with them

There's still a long way to go but it's looking really bad for Ipswich, and Bolton are struggling on and off the pitch. I think these clubs will make up the bottom two, leaving the third relegation slot the one we battle to avoid. We can give ourselves a massive confidence boost with a good win over Reading on Saturday. Whether Reading end up in slot three will depend on who they get in as new manager and what kind of impact they might have. Other contenders for the slot will be Wednesday, Millwall, Hull and Brentford if they can't reverse their recent freefall.

I firmly believe we've been playing well enough to finish above all of that lot, we just need to start killing games off and turning some of these draws into wins

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    There's still a long way to go but it's looking really bad for Ipswich, and Bolton are struggling on and off the pitch. I think these clubs will make up the bottom two, leaving the third relegation slot the one we battle to avoid. We can give ourselves a massive confidence boost with a good win over Reading on Saturday. Whether Reading end up in slot three will depend on who they get in as new manager and what kind of impact they might have. Other contenders for the slot will be Wednesday, Millwall, Hull and Brentford if they can't reverse their recent freefall.

I firmly believe we've been playing well enough to finish above all of that lot, we just need to start killing games off and turning some of these draws into wins
    Having not seen the other teams run in it’s hard to say but our last 10 are shockers,3points Saturday & no less would be a good start.Hull have started to win a few games.I will go for YES.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Depends if we hang on to our best players in jan and make a couple of decent signings in the right areas. So ask us again at the end of jan.

If we were not to sign anyone else in jan and lose some of our key players then no.

We don't need to spend a lot now to stay up but we do need to improve the squad all the other teams at the bottom will spend to get out of the relegation places.
    Don't you think other clubs at the bottom may have their better players poached too Roly?. Every team have their share of decent players that could attract other clubs, and some of the teams around us might be more willing to take some money for their better players given their financial situation,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123