+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's one reason Perez plays

That's one reason Perez plays

He's a good finisher with his head
    He's a grafter
    And we don't have any better options in the squad
    Another well taken goal lad .well done

Man of the match

I don't really understand the Perez hate. Sure, he is no world beater, but who is in our squad. He works hard, puts a shift in and is always willing to try things. I don't like some of his theatrics sometimes, that probably worked against him when he caught that elbow today, but overall I think he is one of the better players in our squad. We don't have a great squad mind.

Perez is a shower most of the time he plays. That's why he gets stick.

But fair play to him, he put in a shift today and scored a top quality header. I for one like it when our misfits turn up because I'd prefer them playing well...

What I don't like is that he starts when he doesn't deserve to. On the strength of today, he deserves to start next match. But whether he does or he doesn't, Rafa writes his name on the team sheet first and then Dubravka's. Personally, that is what pis'ses me off most.

What's with the fingers in the ears after he scored, that's twice he's done it, he certainly doesn't endear himself to the fans with that sh!t. His immaturity shows through, on the plus side, his goal was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    What's with the fingers in the ears after he scored, that's twice he's done it, he certainly doesn't endear himself to the fans with that sh!t. His immaturity shows through, on the plus side, his goal was excellent.
    Another player I think atsu (but could be wrong ).. Did it as well .. Overpaid pricks for doing nowt 90% of the time .
    Next 2 games are huge .. We can't get to xmas with 13 points with half the season gone . Mind you the Shiite at the bottom don't look to be shifting anywhere fast ,so might not need anywhere near 40 points this season .
    Southampton , Fulham and Huddersfield look proper pIss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Another player I think atsu (but could be wrong ).. Did it as well .. Overpaid pricks for doing nowt 90% of the time .
    Next 2 games are huge .. We can't get to xmas with 13 points with half the season gone . Mind you the Shiite at the bottom don't look to be shifting anywhere fast ,so might not need anywhere near 40 points this season .
    Southampton , Fulham and Huddersfield look proper pIss poor.
    It wasn’t Atsu, it was Yedlin the Clown. Atsu applauded the fans on his way out.

I've slated Perez...because he's been shit but to be fair to him today, I thought he played well and worked extremely hard.

BUT....after getting a bit of stick, rather than just be glad he scored, he does that shitty goal celebration AGAIN????

I'm sorry, like, but we've got enough on our plates with our owner and his media buddies taking the piss out of us without our players doing it.

He can fuck off.

He played really well today. He’s scored quite a few crucial goals for us don’t you know, I just remember Brighton away, remember that what a SUPERB strike and Huddersfield at home last season. Get off the lads back, I’m not surprised he sticks his fingers in his ears with the apathy. Keep going lad and shut the booers up.
    Last edited by Kingstonbob1; 09-12-2018 at 10:21 PM.

hmmm the thing I don't like about him, apart from the theatrical falls every 10 seconds, is how he nearly always looks half hearted about things - like going for 50 50 balls etc - he has chickened out of challenges sometimes as well.

i honestly thought when he arrived he was going to become a legend - great - not sure what happened.....

ps i don't boo players... just refs and linesmen ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)