+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That's one reason Perez plays

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    He played really well today. He’s scored quite a few crucial goals for us don’t you know, I just remember Brighton away, remember that what a SUPERB strike and Huddersfield at home last season. Get off the lads back, I’m not surprised he sticks his fingers in his ears with the apathy. Keep going lad and shut the booers up.
    We're going to have to agree to disagree, Bob.

I haven't booed him onto the pitch (a la Viana in that game against Wolves) nor did I cheer when he went off. But he got a little bit of stick- for being shocking-and chose to respond in a really arsey way. Then he did it again today. Makes him a bit of a **** in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I haven't booed him onto the pitch (a la Viana in that game against Wolves) nor did I cheer when he went off. But he got a little bit of stick- for being shocking-and chose to respond in a really arsey way. Then he did it again today. Makes him a bit of a **** in my eyes.
    I have mixed feelings about that celebration. One part of me thinks what a prick for doing it. The other thinks I would do something similar. No matter how much you earn when you go to do your job and have your supposed fans giving you constant sh1t it can't be nice. Even away from the pitch on social media he gets it. Yeah he hasn't been great but like someone else said who has? We have used him as a scapegoat then complain when he has a little dig back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Another player I think atsu (but could be wrong ).. Did it as well .. Overpaid pricks for doing nowt 90% of the time .
    Next 2 games are huge .. We can't get to xmas with 13 points with half the season gone . Mind you the Shiite at the bottom don't look to be shifting anywhere fast ,so might not need anywhere near 40 points this season .
    Southampton , Fulham and Huddersfield look proper pIss poor.
    Whilst i agree about those 3 my concern is they (especially Fulham) will be allowed to spend money to escape. We're relying on Rafa's skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Aye sorry if I came across as an ar2e and if I was having a go personally. I’d had a few beers and was really p1ssed off with the result and our fans.

Mind seeing the elbow in the face he should have had a penalty. Let down again by inept officials. No doubt we’ll have Taylor when we play Man U in a few weeks here.

Let's put it this way: if we have to rely on Perez to stay up, we're gan doon.

And that is based on historical performance. He doesn't measure up to the quality we need here. The occasions that he can put his fingers in his ears are the rare occasions he pulls them out his ar'sehole.

Not sure that I buy the "grafting" argument. He does his bit and I do recognise that. But sometimes I reckon the only reason he wasn't offloaded when Rafa cut a lot of deadwood from the squad is that he laughed at Rafa's spanish jokes.

I think Perez is the player we have most capable of producing a bit of magic in attack.

On the downside he doesn´t do it often enough and he seems too physically weak.

He has 37 goals for the club.... nobody else in the squad will have that many when they finish playing for us.

Hes not very good, but we got more than we paid for when we bought him, and , he is still better than most at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    he is still better than most at the club.
    Truth hurts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)