+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lascelles !!! Just Fu ck off now!

Lascelles was, by a country mile, the worst player on the pitch today...until Wanquillo came on. I'd be surprised if a Sunday League player put in a shift as bad as either of them.

I still personally think Lascelles is a good player and wouldn't get rid on the basis of one performance, yes he was ****e but every player has games they are terrible.

However, if the next few games he looks as poor and uninterested as today then yes, i'd agree take the money for him. We have looked more solid recently with Fernandez and Schar

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that after one poor game he should be sold. In our predicament & with such a thin squad,selling must be the last thing we should be doing- especially as there will be no reinvestment.
    Not so long ago Lascelles was considered our prize asset it being inconceivable that he would be sold.
    If his poor form continues then that’s another matter but for the present we need all resources imho.

Oh, aye...he's still a good defender-albeit one with plenty still to learn-who has, imo, the potential to become very good.

It's been a strange old season for him so far. He's played pretty poorly more often than he's played well, has (to some extent) fallen out with Rafa, been dropped, got on the wrong side of the fans with his pro-Ashley comments and had a few games out with injury. Yesterday he played like a man whose head wasn't in the right place, probably because of a combination of all of those; throw in an unfamiliar position and it all caught up with him. Maybe he's had his head turned,too...although many more performances like yesterday and only a club like....well, us would want him,

I hope he comes back stronger-and I'm sure he will. He's our captain, we need him.

I hope he comes back stronger-and I'm sure he will. He's our captain, we need him

DITTO

Quite a knee jerk over reaction here. I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Correct! talk about fickle!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Yeah thought that myself when I saw the thread posted. I myself react in a similar way when we get beat and see players underperforming. Hopefully he will get his head back on, a Lascelles in top form is a quality CB imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)