+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Xmas to all on Tykesmad and visitors too

Dunt your 2 fogerrabart me ya buggaz, av bin known to spiel sum Tarn speyk nar n ageeun on 'ere. Ar used to write that 'Tommy tyke sez' colum (ni mind that Keef Lodge) int matchday programme so smooak that!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Dunt your 2 fogerrabart me ya buggaz, av bin known to spiel sum Tarn speyk nar n ageeun on 'ere. Ar used to write that 'Tommy tyke sez' colum (ni mind that Keef Lodge) int matchday programme so smooak that!
    Arr cud ennybody foget thee Pass , thaz flummoxed me narranageeun on ere " upthi pipe Tommy tyke sez "

Iz that reyt Pass ? No pillakin. Respect to thee. A allus luvved reading that column when a used to buy a programme.

Dunt buy 'em nar. Too dear and full of adverts and corporate PR crap, apart from the odd tribute editions like the Rimmo wun.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Iz that reyt Pass ? No pillakin. Respect to thee. A allus luvved reading that column when a used to buy a programme.

Dunt buy 'em nar. Too dear and full of adverts and corporate PR crap, apart from the odd tribute editions like the Rimmo wun.
    No a dint write it, sorry am just evvin a jooak SB A used to like reading it annorl back int day. A used to allus wonder what away fans med o it and now we have ar answer from mr cocopops. Av got to seh that ar interpretation of the Tarn accent here on tykeschat is somewhat broader and mooar accurate than what Keith Lodge used to write in that column. He used apostrophes and other punctuation marks to account for the missing H in words like 'here' he wrote 'ere and he also used t' in place of 'the' which I dunt think applies to our accent, we tend to miss art words like 'the' altogether rarnd this part o Yorkshire and most artsiders think we use t' instead, they tend to emphasize that when the tryin to tek us off

This is all getting a bit soppy now isn't it, we've even got messrs Alf (Burnsley) & Chalky (Nottingham County) being nice to us on here.

Anyway, I always liked the Tommy Tyke section of the match programme, even if I did have to read it two or three times to fully understand it! lol.

And speaking of Keith Lodge, remember he was our regular radio match reporter in the 80s & 90s, on Hallam Fm.
    Ive still got a recording (on cassette!) of one of his live updates at Oakwell. It was during our penalty shoot out win against Wigan in the Lg Cup in Aug '90, and he actually did raise his voice a bit that night when Clive Baker was our star player in the shoot out.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-12-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    When I read some posts I visualise Brian Glover writing them
    Here you go Chalky kid seeing as its christmas lol, heres our Brian in his best ever tv role, as Mr Rottweiler on the 'Gas man' episode of Bottom!.

As is my practice at this time of year I would like to wish all these a Merry Christmas

ESR
    ANIMAL [& JLO ]
    SBRED
    P&M [& LATEST ADDITION]
    PONTE STEVE [& LAURA]
    ACIDO lol
    BRP
    NOZZER
    GWYNNE THOMAS [NOT FORGETTING HIS DOG]
    JULES
    ETHELRED
    KERNOW
    JOYDOLAN
    COCOPOPS61 [BECAUSE HE VISITS US NOW & THEN]
    MARCELLE07
    FILEYTYKE
    RED SYY
    FANTYKESTIC
    GUNTERYY
    TARNDARNSARF
    THE RIDDLER
    DRAGONTYKE
    REDFLAGGED [HOPE HE STILL READS THIS FORUM]
    CASSIE & BFC130 [HOPE THEY STILL READ THIS FORUM]
    FILEYTYKE
    HODGER
    WARDY
    CZECHTYKE [HOPE HE STILL READS THIS FORUM]
    POGGYWELL
    RODCURRIE [BECAUSE HE'S A REGULAR VISITOR]
    ALFINYALCABO [BECAUSE HE'S A REGULAR VISITOR]
    ANSTON RED

My earliest memory of Brian Glover is in the film Kes back in the 70's,a film that upset me so much that I've refused to watch it ever again much to the merriment of my family but has led to a life long fascination with nature and birds in particular
    Is the Barnsley accent slowly being lost now that the world is getting a bigger place?

. He used apostrophes and other punctuation marks to account for the missing H in words like 'here' he wrote 'ere and he also used t' in place of 'the' which I dunt think applies to our accent
    is

It would be nice though to insert a few on this forum now and again to make life easier for us outsiders

Lesson 1

A = I --as in "A think" rather than "I think" or "are"

Am = I am==as in "Am tired" rather than "I am tired"

Tha = You

Gooin = going

darn = down

em = them

Tarn = town

Laik = play

You are ready for your first sentences in Tarnspeyk (Townspeak)--

A tha gooin darn to watch Tarn laik ? Am gooin.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast