+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: With defending as poor as that

With defending as poor as that

you get absolutely what you deserve out of games...nowt.

I'll qualify that....I think we deserved a point even after we went down to 10 men. We battled and blocked and, to be fair to him, Perez in particular worked his arse off.

But, when your defence lets you down like that 3TIMES!!!....that lad had time for a cup of tea before chesting the ball down and putting it past Dubravka so appaling was Lascelles' positioning.

And as for that abomination of a second goal...he ran down the wing in front of us and we were screaming for someone to tackle him or take him out-and it wasn't as if he had mesmerising ball control...he just ran and ran and we backed off him for absolutely no clear reason we could discern.

And as for the reason we were stretched on that side, well that was down to some of the worst defending I've ever seen at our place-Yedlin, who is an average defender at best, showed his limitations by giving the ball away exactly where he shouldn't have...ok, mistakes happen, now it's up to the last line of defence, the 'keeper so just try and get back, maybe he'll miss, you'll have the chance to make amends later in the game, whatever you do, don't compound your Sunday league defending by committing a fou....oh, you did.....off you go, you FUCKING KNOB!!!!!!1

Gaaaahhhh....

First goal today and West Hamīs first goal were carbon copies. Long ball into the 6 yard box in the centre of the goal straight to an unchallenged attacker who has all the time in the world to score.

Talk about ball watching.

If Hammers and Wolves can see that will work, every club will hit us like that as well.

That defeat was nothing to do with poor defending. Poor defending is a given at times. You cannot defend everything all the time and mistakes happen in any team. The defeat was because of absolutely diabolical officiating. Everyone saying Yedlin had to go, NO HE DIDN'T. I agree with Rafa, they had a chance to get a shot in but it was no way a clear goal scoring opportunity. Players take a yellow for that sort of challenge every Fu(king week that's part of football. Then for us not to be given a clear penalty and them not have a player sent off and be allowed to just kick on with Perez rolling round on the floor is a Fu(king disgrace. That's why we lost last night. VAR is needed because our officials clearly aren't up to the job. For the managers to then have to hold back on what they want to say incase of fines and bans is even more of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    That defeat was nothing to do with poor defending. Poor defending is a given at times. You cannot defend everything all the time and mistakes happen in any team. The defeat was because of absolutely diabolical officiating. Everyone saying Yedlin had to go, NO HE DIDN'T. I agree with Rafa, they had a chance to get a shot in but it was no way a clear goal scoring opportunity. Players take a yellow for that sort of challenge every Fu(king week that's part of football. Then for us not to be given a clear penalty and them not have a player sent off and be allowed to just kick on with Perez rolling round on the floor is a Fu(king disgrace. That's why we lost last night. VAR is needed because our officials clearly aren't up to the job. For the managers to then have to hold back on what they want to say incase of fines and bans is even more of a joke.
    I don't get hung up on reffing .. It will even itself out .Perez spends half the match rolling around on the floor and refs know it... Victim of his own theatrics.The same ref chose to ignore a blatant push by lascelles on Traore.. It's swings and roundabouts .
    A few dodgy ref decisions won't help but ain't the reason we are in trouble .. That's down to no investment in the squad . We have a piss poor squad and picking up points by mass defending.
    We need to win the next 2 cos it's looking bleak for the half dozen games or so after those.

Lascelles should have just run straight through him... A yellow probs even a red,but we would be a point better off...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I don't get hung up on reffing .. It will even itself out .Perez spends half the match rolling around on the floor and refs know it... Victim of his own theatrics.The same ref chose to ignore a blatant push by lascelles on Traore.. It's swings and roundabouts .
    A few dodgy ref decisions won't help but ain't the reason we are in trouble .. That's down to no investment in the squad . We have a piss poor squad and picking up points by mass defending.
    We need to win the next 2 cos it's looking bleak for the half dozen games or so after those.
    Completely agree with the lack of investment that's evident for all to see. I was just talking this particular game. Which I think personally was officiated poorly. But if we're on about on a whole then like stated in another thread, it's been 145 games since a player has been sent off against us.

Players being left with the freedom of St James' Park in the middle of the penalty area is the bigger crime. The thing is that they are able to find this space without actually using any electric pace or ghostly movement. They can literally goosestep away from people meant to be marking them. Not picking on him because I like him attacking on the wing but it is easier to lose Yedlin (especially in the box) than it is to lose money in Vegas.

I tend to accept senseless refereeing - their inconsistency is the only constant. The only time they make sensible decisions is when they retire and start punditry.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)