+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sam Gallagher..

Big Sam Gallagher..

Back on the radar for January.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Back on the radar for January.

I wont be sat moaning if he came, as I really don't know how he'd do?
    I just feel playing in Saint Under 23's all this time means he is coming in from the cold.
    He will be playing for a top 10 Championship side, and we will expect a lot.
    I think there is better out there than him, and his inexperience means his form will be very hit and miss.

Its not the most ambitious of moves imo. It just ticks a few boxes.
    I don't believe we will be pushing hard for the play off's, but equally, we will b wanting to maintain our league position. Just finishing where we are now will mean we have to win quite a few games, more than we lose (in the second half of the season) which wont be too easy.

Either way, if he comes, he will have my support.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I wont be sat moaning if he came, as I really don't know how he'd do?
    I just feel playing in Saint Under 23's all this time means he is coming in from the cold.
    He will be playing for a top 10 Championship side, and we will expect a lot.
    I think there is better out there than him, and his inexperience means his form will be very hit and miss.

Its not the most ambitious of moves imo. It just ticks a few boxes.
    I don't believe we will be pushing hard for the play off's, but equally, we will b wanting to maintain our league position. Just finishing where we are now will mean we have to win quite a few games, more than we lose (in the second half of the season) which wont be too easy.

Either way, if he comes, he will have my support.
    Well.. He's younger than gestede.. Needs badly to kick start his career.. Maybe possible perm deal on reduced wages..?

Well.. He's younger than gestede.. Needs badly to kick start his career.. Maybe possible perm deal on reduced wages..?

Of course, there are pro's and con's.
    His age is good, that's a positive. I am unsure if Saints will let him go on the cheap. I don't see that happening.
    All depends on whop comes in for him, and if he is in demand. The fact nobody took him is slightly concerning.

Of course, there are pro's and con's.
    His age is good, that's a positive. I am unsure if Saints will let him go on the cheap. I don't see that happening.
    All depends on whop comes in for him, and if he is in demand. The fact nobody took him is slightly concerning.
    The misuse of a certain word above is NOT a racial slur!! It's just too late for me to edit!!

The misuse of a certain word above is NOT a racial slur!! It's just too late for me to edit!!
    If we were talking about Ciccio Grabbi, there may have been a problem..!

Haha .....whop I'd give to see him on a Rovers shirt again

If we were talking about Ciccio Grabbi, there may have been a problem..!
    I like Modern Saxo. just saying

I think Gallagher would be very useful, but it would probably spell the end for Nuttall, with Brereton and, potentially, Samuel, waiting in the wings too.
    There will come a point where Nuttall wants to be playing first-team football, and it's looking increasingly unlikely that will be with us.
    It's all very well to keep talking about "patience", but Nuttall is knocking on 22 now, and he can hardly be considered a "kid" any longer.
    A decent Division One team could certainly do worse, as he probably won't cost a lot, and he is a natural scorer at the right level.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think Gallagher would be very useful, but it would probably spell the end for Nuttall, with Brereton and, potentially, Samuel, waiting in the wings too.
    There will come a point where Nuttall wants to be playing first-team football, and it's looking increasingly unlikely that will be with us.
    It's all very well to keep talking about "patience", but Nuttall is knocking on 22 now, and he can hardly be considered a "kid" any longer.
    A decent Division One team could certainly do worse, as he probably won't cost a lot, and he is a natural scorer at the right level.

Nuttall wont make it as a top 2 division player. He could develop as a lower league striker, but that's it.
    He showed ok form for a couple of games (in a very good winning side, surrounded by better players) in Div1.
    I'd let him go personally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)