+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Tomorrow Called Off

How can a government organise an important vote in Parliament and then arbitrarily delay it because they know they will lose? Talk about democracy!

What a phooking embarrassment this lot really are.

It's really good isn't it?I am now awaiting Mister Corbyn's deliberations on this ---I do hope that he has to go and negotiate ----perhaps we could end up with a united Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How can a government organise an important vote in Parliament and then arbitrarily delay it because they know they will lose? Talk about democracy!

Makes you wonder what's happened to the Tories BT, love 'em or hate 'em, they used to be an election winning machine, and any leader who didn't deliver didn't last long, a knife straight between the shoulder blades. Now they seem paralysed as this clown turns their party and the government into a laughing stock. FFS, even I'm considering voting Labour if it will get this lot out of office, and as you might have realised I detest you lefties with a will (only in a political sense of course, some of my best friends and family are lefties).

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Going back to Brussels for "Assurances" ? I thought Cameron did that and came back empty handed.

Brussels have said and reiterated this evening that there will be no change to the May deal.

It does make you wonder what she thinks she can achieve doesn't it Alto. It still doesn't seem to have occurred to her that the EU are absolutely loving the situation she's put our country in, they must be rolling about laughing tonight in Brussels, and they're certainly not going to help dig the useless cretin out of the hole she's dug for herself. They'll just give her a good kicking and send her back with her tail between her legs.

Very true sinkov, however, when the elephants fight the grass gets trampled. We won't be the winners in this for a good number of years and it will take a lot of effort by those still working to pull things round.
    You also have to consider that a General Election will ensue and Labour will get in and do their utmost to bankrupt the country by giving more and more benefits to all and sundry whilst taxing the big earners until they depart our beautiful land.
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I shall hope that they can still afford to pay my benefits ---I believe that is what they call our hard earned pension these days.
    Life could be going to get very interesting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Going back to Brussels for "Assurances" ?

Brussels have said and reiterated this evening that there will be no change to the May deal.
    Theresa the deceiver, The Tories are falling apart and are now a laughing stock
    - it repeated numerous times - that is the deal, that's all we'll get,the best we could get, thats it....and no more....but hold on....Skeksis is now off for fresh talks - Why? - because the Vote she deferred would have gone against her - so is returning to beg for more, that being the same more that wasn't, but now seemingly could be.....a deal she wholeheartedly backed - and therefore if she does now return with more...however small the concession - then she pushed false/untrue instruction - which if would have been accepted - would have lead us to secure a lesser deal than was achievable - - - but then, even the action of her return to seek more...when so vehemently she insisted their wasn't - is in itelf enough for her to be given her marching orders......but in all honesty - should have at least stuck to her word and resigned.

What is the point of keep on flogging a dead horse?

The silly bitch is in Holland this morning, but to what purpose and why keep on racking up the air miles at a terrific cost to the taxpayer?

I hope she’s gone to see about retracting the mandate for open borders and free movement that the Dutch declined to sign.
    It’s absolutely gut wrenching she’s finished and is just wasting time and Corbyn suddenly found a voice yesterday ( not much opinion in it mind about what labour will do to sort this ) just slagging of May.
    The whole of Europe must be laughing at us.

The only thing I think now is no deal ( not Noel Edmonds style) and we walk away and sort alternative supply out etc.
    That will frighten Europe I think I’m not sure how long they can all survive without us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I think its called "brinkmanship" BT.

Nothing embarrassing about it at all.

She wanted to ensure a "backs to the wall" vote where Parliamentarians have to stop posing and put their bets where their mouths are.

Noting the strong opinion she took the only sensible option.

It was also a message to the EU; push any further and we're gone without a deal.

We are now into he who blinks first loses.

And that takes balls my friend.

The losers? Everyone.

Not convinced with that blue heeler , I’m still thinking when we actually get out it will sink the whole empire in the future, not without harder times for us imminently, however I still think we’re better out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)