+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vote Tomorrow Called Off

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Don't forget the percentage that the EU take from our deals with non EU Countries while we are still in the EU Sinkov.
    Alto, the UK currently benefits from around 50 free trade deals with countries outside the EU - as part of being in the EU.

Once we leave these 50 free trade deals will not be available to us.

"Since the Brexit vote many many business partners of ours have told that, because of the loss of frictionless trade, customs checks, bureaucracy, regulatory alignment etc. that they are actively looking for an alternative to British suppliers. And i can't blame them one bit - we would be doing the same."

In the UK and the EU there are literally thousands of politicians, civil servants, bureaucrats, technocrats etc, all paid from our taxes, all employed to work on our behalf, for our benefit. I would have expected these people to use their best endeavours to find solutions to the many and varied problems that will arise when we leave, instead we have political chicanery, with the EU side especially putting their political project first to the detriment of the economic well being of both the EU and the UK. In these circumstances, instead of potential economic damage being mitigated, it's likely to be magnified, but there is little I can do about it, or any of us, we're in their hands.

Your business partners are looking for alternative suppliers, one in seven of the cars produced in Germany are exported to the UK, I wonder if the Germans are anticipating similar problems and are looking for alternatives markets for 18 billion euros worth of automobiles ?

Seems like the letters have gone in, and the ****s about to hit the Tory fan. Not before time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Alto, the UK currently benefits from around 50 free trade deals with countries outside the EU - as part of being in the EU.

Once we leave these 50 free trade deals will not be available to us.
    "As part of being in the EU" ?

If you are correct (which I'd question) the EU will lose out on their percentage yes, another loss for them, we hold the cards and if our negotiating experts worked for OUR Country instead of feathering their own nests we would hold a much more stronger hand.

As for losing those 50 trade deals, so what, its called leaving that false organisation and building new deals with the rest of the World, the EU is not the bee all and end all of trade, they will suffer, and so will we in the short term, but long term we will thrive and the EU will be on its knees trying to kiss our arse, instead of us kissing theirs.

Still going round in circles chaps? A "No Deal" Brexit is now becoming the inevitable conclusion to this mess or will Corbyn win the day with his "half in, half out" proposal? The more I read that idea the better it sounds.

Only because that’s what they are telling you 59-60

The oki koki man eh , half in half out that sounds about right for labour, we’re a bit undecided so we’ll sit on the fence see what happens.
    Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The oki koki man eh , half in half out that sounds about right for labour, we’re a bit undecided so we’ll sit on the fence see what happens.
    Not for me.
    Retain freedom of movement, remain in the Customs Union, retain easy access to the Single Market and ditch the rest. If Corbyn can pull that one off he's our next Prime Minister.

Aha, I wonder if she can cancel this evenings vote

Can she survive it is the real question Alto...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)