+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V Livingstone Build Up and Match Thread

Oh and on the subject of giving someone a chance to prove themselves, Derek, please please please please play Anderson up front from the start. Wilson, May and Cosgrove have more than adequately proven they are not the answer. I posted on another thread about how much superior Anderson's goals per minutes played statistic is compared with the other three so why wouldn't you play him?

Another useless statistic for you. In our 115 years existence we have had almost 900 players play for us and out of that almost 900 not one single player has played more games for us than Anderson without having started a game. I could maybe understand that if we still had Rooney banging them in but.....

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He's tried no 10 in a few more games and for me, if it doesn't work early doors from him, he hides.
    Unless he becomes stronger on the ball, he won't make it and I'd rather see McGinn in there.
    Maybe if GMS is back, we could go with GMS, McGinn and McLennan behind the striker.
    The problem is if GMS is not back (I always thought a bad concussion was two weeks out due to medical protocols so assume he won't play) then who do you play out wide if McGinn is in the no 10 unless we go 442 but you still need someone to play right midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Need a win tomorrow night but just not sure where it's going to come from. It will be a physical game, but I think we need to put some attacking players on the park and try and play football rather than going with the Cosgrove long ball approach, or the May kick and chase approach.

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Wright McLennan
    Wilson

Desparately need GMS back, and for some of the attacking players to find some form. If Forrester is fit I'd even be tempted to throw him in and give him a chance. Wright wasn't up to much in the last game, but I'd give him a run of games in December to prove whether or not he's up to the job. Also might as well play Wilson if we're paying for him as I suspect he'll be heading home in January.
    Assuming GMS and Devlin are still out, I'd put Shinnie to left back, and Lowe to left mid, McGinn to the number 10 role.

Surely don't need 2 (or three as we did v St J) defensive midfielders for a home game, against a mid table side?

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Shinnie
    Ferguson
    Mclennon or Wright McGinn Lowe
    Wilson Anderson
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 10-12-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The problem is if GMS is not back (I always thought a bad concussion was two weeks out due to medical protocols so assume he won't play) then who do you play out wide if McGinn is in the no 10 unless we go 442 but you still need someone to play right midfield
    McGinn was benched on Saturday without GMS.
    All, I'm saying is to swap out Mcginn in the hole

I get what your saying though, but maybe push Wright back wide left with McLennan wide right.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Oh and on the subject of giving someone a chance to prove themselves, Derek, please please please please play Anderson up front from the start. Wilson, May and Cosgrove have more than adequately proven they are not the answer. I posted on another thread about how much superior Anderson's goals per minutes played statistic is compared with the other three so why wouldn't you play him?

Another useless statistic for you. In our 115 years existence we have had almost 900 players play for us and out of that almost 900 not one single player has played more games for us than Anderson without having started a game. I could maybe understand that if we still had Rooney banging them in but.....
    Interesting stat if true.
    I had a quick look to compare with Scott Wright (who made his debut 4 1/2 years ago).
    Scott got his first start in his 7th game, but it was almost 2 years after he came on in his debut against Daugiva Riga

McGinn was benched on Saturday without GMS.
    All, I'm saying is to swap out Mcginn in the hole

I get what your saying though, but maybe push Wright back wide left with McLennan wide right.
    I'm just not sure about Wright playing wide. Is Ross still injured?

Interesting stat if true.
    I had a quick look to compare with Scott Wright (who made his debut 4 1/2 years ago).
    Scott got his first start in his 7th game, but it was almost 2 years after he came on in his debut against Daugiva Riga
    I'm reasonably sure I am right. I just can't think of any reason other than McInnes stubbornness to keep playing his signings for Anderson not to be given a chance

In/Oot - definitely in for this one

Furryboots - SS SS

Pre - Hospital getting a slipped disc seen to

Post - Worrying about Aldo's mental health

Prediction - in for a penny, in for a pound 3-0 to the aberdons super soccer saturday united team

In/Oot - oot

Pre - speaking to my mental health nurse.

Post - sorting my beefa trip with Mondo

Prediciton - 2-0

Foul count - 24.3

Tombola excuse - N/A due to a win

He's tried no 10 in a few more games and for me, if it doesn't work early doors from him, he hides.
    Unless he becomes stronger on the ball, he won't make it and I'd rather see McGinn in there.
    Maybe if GMS is back, we could go with GMS, McGinn and McLennan behind the striker.
    I think Wright offers something in the middle in that he has pace and can go either way - he can also come deep, take the ball and turn and drive. Out wide he doesn't seem to be as effective and hides if it isn't going well (as most wingers tend to do). McLennan looks better equipped for the SPL physically but I think Wright has more ability at this stage. I'd like them both to get a run of games.

I'd actually rather see McGinn up front through the centre as I'd bet he'd score more than May, Cosgrove and Wilson. We're lacking in options in the final third generally, particularly with GMS out.

How about...

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    Ball Shinnie
    Wright Ferguson McLennan
    McGinn

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast