+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V Livingstone Build Up and Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    If you are dropping players because of a poor previous performance, most of our team should have been benched last night.

DM is very quick to axe the young guys rather than the older ones, thats very obvious to see. Mclennan wasnt fantastic against ST J, but apart from Lowe, no one was. There were worst performers than him who made it into the first team last night and i see it as an error of judgement not to have started him.

Also, based on last nights performance and the fact if you play poor you should be dropped, Considine should be dropped for the foreseeable future, but he wont be of course.
    You can't argue that Del's management of the team and squad was spot on.
    Given the run of games, I can understand the decision being to continue to give Wright a run in the team and utilise McLennan from the bench.
    It wasn't working as well as planned, we found ourselves behind to two defensive mistakes and needed to shake it up, so changed out Wright for McLennan at half time.
    I can't recall many games hes made tactical changes so early

I'd expect McLennan to start on Saturday

Who would you have dropped to give McLennan a starting spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    SGC is murder in the summer never mind a day like today......I’ll play PLGC on Sunday, hopefully the wrist I fractured on SGC 6 weeks back holds out on a flatter track.

SF
    Stop playing with yourself and give your wrist time to heal. When drinking use a straw...paper not plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Hells Teeth , Min ?!!! What kind of golf are you playing ? full contact ? Fractured wrist ??

( Unless you were pished. Mind I did the Christmas Disco up there back in the late 70s and managed to stagger home without falling off the cliff into the Sea, so you`d have to be affa affa pished to fracture your wrist ?)
    Completely sober.......for a change!!.....with the slopes etc, it can be a b ugger.....tore ligaments there once at the 3rd.....anyway, last year I dislocated my ankle(triple fracture) and had only started playing again in July......mentioned to my playing partners at the 14th about getting new shoes for the winter......right on cue(like Still Game) I f ucking slip on a slope, they were quite rightly concerned about my ankle.....”nah my arm broke the fall” I said gingerly cursing, sore but played on to finish 44534......in for a pint....puke, look at the size of my wrist......only a double fracture this time!

Hence PLGC this Sunday which is flat.

SF

I was obviously referring to Ibrox, how ****ing long ......1991, I was not even there as it was Ibiza time for me, anyway, how many managers have tried to win our 1st game there in some time until Deek got the voodoo off our back.

Anyway....as always.

SF
    Agreed and he's done it twice in the last 18 months.
    Still a hun bottler though.......

Completely sober.......for a change!!.....with the slopes etc, it can be a b ugger.....tore ligaments there once at the 3rd.....anyway, last year I dislocated my ankle(triple fracture) and had only started playing again in July......mentioned to my playing partners at the 14th about getting new shoes for the winter......right on cue(like Still Game) I f ucking slip on a slope, they were quite rightly concerned about my ankle.....”nah my arm broke the fall” I said gingerly cursing, sore but played on to finish 44534......in for a pint....puke, look at the size of my wrist......only a double fracture this time!

Hence PLGC this Sunday which is flat.

SF
    Have you ever thought of taking up a less physical sport

I’ll give you that SGC is 200 yards shorter than Dalmuir, I would imagine though with the layout of the course it is not as dull as Dalmuir or as tiny/small acreage wise.

The view I’ll give you that SGC has only got the Riviera which is not a patch on the high rises of Dalmuir.

Our clubhouse/catering might not be as welcoming and varying compared to the michelin starred that you have, however our course is measured by CSS and compared to Dalmuir International it is at least tougher.

SF

Dull

Proper Mannies Golf

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No, not at all, you just don't get it.
    I even highlighted Wilson, who had been sh!te, dropped and down the pecking order.

I think Cosgrove and May deserve to start on Satursday, but if sh!te, then other players i.e. Anderson should get their opportunity to proove themselves.
    But that's ****e. Considine effectively allowed SJ to score and he definitely let Livi score last night. So he should be dropped? Or does it only work if you are good?

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Dull

Proper Mannies Golf
    Touché ........ excellent post.

I doff my cap to Dalmuir captured in all it's finery, it truly is the Augusta of Clydebank.....manicured fairways and the sun peeping over the top of the high rises.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Stop playing with yourself and give your wrist time to heal. When drinking use a straw...paper not plastic!
    The wrist has healed, 2 tiny bits flaked off, but nothing to worry about or justify going under the knife......hit balls the last 2 nights to work up a thirst !!

SF

The wrist has healed, 2 tiny bits flaked off, but nothing to worry about or justify going under the knife...

SF
    Are you contemplating a *** change?!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast