+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V Livingstone Build Up and Match Thread

Aberdeen V Livingstone Build Up and Match Thread

Its going to be another physical game tomorrow I fear.
    Fear because we rarely show up well in these games.
    Livi are set up defensively well by all accounts, so need to get at them from the off.

4th game in 9 days, I think DM will change it up, but not sure for who.
    No word if Devlin or GMS are expected to come back either, but even if they do, they maybe need to make an impact fromt he bench if needed.

I think DM will pick

..................Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    ............Shinnie Ball
    .....McLennan May McGinn
    ..........Cosgrove

Oh, also noticed its The Craig Thomson Show tomorrow.

Is it definitely tomorrow?

Oh, also noticed its The Craig Thomson Show tomorrow.
    Excuse tombola out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Is it definitely tomorrow?

Excuse tombola out already.
    Cross thread trolling.
    How transparent.

You going?

In/Oot - In
    Pre - Working
    Post - Driving home
    Prediciton - Aberdeen Win

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Cross thread trolling.
    How transparent.

You going?
    No but I don't need to. I'll get the scores on ceefax and for the foul count I'll rely on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    No but I don't need to. I'll get the scores on ceefax and for the foul count I'll rely on you.
    No probs, I'll keep tabs and we'll see how accurate the BBC reporter is.

In/Oot - Oot
    Pre - Working
    Post - Sleeping
    Prediciton - 0-1 Livingston (unfortunately)

Need a win tomorrow night but just not sure where it's going to come from. It will be a physical game, but I think we need to put some attacking players on the park and try and play football rather than going with the Cosgrove long ball approach, or the May kick and chase approach.

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Wright McLennan
    Wilson

Desparately need GMS back, and for some of the attacking players to find some form. If Forrester is fit I'd even be tempted to throw him in and give him a chance. Wright wasn't up to much in the last game, but I'd give him a run of games in December to prove whether or not he's up to the job. Also might as well play Wilson if we're paying for him as I suspect he'll be heading home in January.

I agree with you on Wright. It seems clear to me that he is not going to make it with us as a winger given he's played more than 40 games for us at that position including a dozen starts and other than against Partick Thistle he hasn't really shown enough. However when in the no 10 position against St Mirren and Dundee earlier this season he looked good. Was that due to him playing that position well or due to the weak opposition? Only one way to find out and as you say give him a run of games in that position. We are not exactly spoiled for choice in that position anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree with you on Wright. It seems clear to me that he is not going to make it with us as a winger given he's played more than 40 games for us at that position including a dozen starts and other than against Partick Thistle he hasn't really shown enough. However when in the no 10 position against St Mirren and Dundee earlier this season he looked good. Was that due to him playing that position well or due to the weak opposition? Only one way to find out and as you say give him a run of games in that position. We are not exactly spoiled for choice in that position anyway.
    He's tried no 10 in a few more games and for me, if it doesn't work early doors from him, he hides.
    Unless he becomes stronger on the ball, he won't make it and I'd rather see McGinn in there.
    Maybe if GMS is back, we could go with GMS, McGinn and McLennan behind the striker.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast