+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V Livingstone Build Up and Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I was agreeing wit you FFS. You quickly corrected your mistake when you pulled up a poster for not knowing the Dons were playing that night, when they weren’t playing that night. Likewise, Simmie was promptly resurrected when you claimed he was dead.

Everyone makes mistakes. You acknowledged them, corrected them & now we can all move on from them
    Yep.
    Not a problem in recognising a mistake and acknowledging them.
    As you say, everyone makes them

What did you think of Derek's tactics yesterday?
    Fantastic vision to swap out Wright with McLennan to make a huge difference.

Or made the wrong choice in the first place.

Wright is running out of chances.

Having had time to reflect, here's my more measured thoughts than the immediate reaction last night...

First half
    • Sloppy at the back hence the two goals and not a huge amount of invention going forward.
    • Long balls through the middle and long balls up the wing which didn't suit either the forwards or wide players.
    • Wright got crumpled early on and although he didn't go into hiding, I think it did affect his confidence - he didn't do much of note and I think he's probably fallen down the pecking order again - wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan in Jan.
    • Cosgrove won headers but rarely did they go to a team-mate.
    • May did a lot of running around without much joy other than one nice run and touch that put him clean through when he then hit it straight at the keeper.

Second Half
    • Excellent performance. Played with much more variety - still the occasional long ball through the middle, but much better use of the ball from the back, building through the midfield with McGinn and McLennan rather than long balls all the time.
    • McLennan made a massive difference - prepared to take the ball deep or run in behind, stay wide or come infield - prepared to run at the defender every time, linked up well with Logan and others around him and fired lots of good balls into the box.
    • May seemed to gain confidence in the second half and had some nice touches. He did miss another sitter though, but if he plays like that every week it won't be long until he does score.

Overall - we deserved the win on the second half performance alone - should have scored another 2 or 3. If we play like that against St Mirren we'll run out easy winners.

I'd keep the same team for the next game but swap McLennan in for Wright. It's absolutely ***** McLennan gets a run in the team now when he's on form and confident. We should have given Anderson a run earlier in the season when he was on fire and we didn't and it's probably cost us and dented his confidence at the same time - we can't afford to do the same with McLennan.

Nah, it would’ve been fantastic vision to start McLennan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He'll be in the team because we don't have anyone else. He scored two goals at the start of the season then didn't score again till last night. That's not good enough. You like a stat and his are ****e.
    I accept that, one stat as in goals scored, he's struggled for sure.
    But he brings more to the team than just that, last night showed potentially what he can bring to the team.

As good as your last game is nonsense unless you can back it up elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I hope he starts scoring regular as well but ffs he's has more opportunities than most.

Its not nonesence, it provides an incentive.
    Wilson score a cracker and then subsequently was very poor.
    So he was dropped.
    Its telling that he's dropped behind young Anderson in getting the next opportunity.

Rooney wouldn't have got this much time with that record.
    If only considering one stat, maybe

McLennan is a no brainier, no idea why Mcinnes didn't start him. He's going to be a great player for us.
    I thought after Saturday's performance, it was 50/50 with Wright and McLennan.
    Neither really did enough.
    Plenty people in here was saying to give Wright a run.
    He did some good things last night, but equally, if not more, it resulted in him losing possession.

Now I'd expect it should be the other way around and McLennan starts ahead of Wright.

All that said, I'm struggling to think Wright will make it.
    He needs to become a lot stronger

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Who's his Da?
    Someone I had the mispleasure of meeting....like father.....like son.....not hard to work out nowadays with google etc.....as I say, nasty bigoted c unt, can’t say anymore.....main thing, him and his boy went home with hee haw last night.

SF

Nah, it would’ve been fantastic vision to start McLennan.
    As per my post above, following Saturdays performance, neither McLennan nor Wright excelled and plenty were calling to give Wright more opportunity.
    Even when DM make a great, early, tactical adjustment that transforms the game, you can't acknowledge it can you?

Even when McInnes f*cks up his starting line up & has to spend 45mins trying to fix it, you can’t acknowledge it can you?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm a great believer in that your only as good as your last performance.
    He was good last night and on that basis should be in the team for Saturday.
    He'll get opportunities for the rest of the month as a minimum.
    Games to come against: -
    St Mirren (A)
    Dundee (H)
    Hearts (H)
    Celtic (H)
    Livi (A)

I think that the team should be the same for Saturday with the exception that McLennan comes in for Wright.
    GMS if he's available should probably start on the bench and use later in the game if required.
    We really need to aim for at least 10 of the 15 points available from those five games to try to get into the top four as we go into 2019 ... ie, W, W, D (or better), L (or better) and W.

15 points would be even better, but somehow I doubt it.

Even when McInnes f*cks up his starting line up & has to spend 45mins trying to fix it, you can’t acknowledge it can you?
    LOL, the first half was not a f*ck up either.
    The only thing Livi offered was capitalising on two defensive mistakes.

1) Considine was slack for his back header
    2) McGinn dallied and didn't release the ball, then McKenna seemed to be caught flat footed twice

Other than that, we dominated and had a number of chances.

I have no problem acknowledging problem areas, assess how they occured and comment.
    I can look at both sides, with a view of what is needed to improve.
    You just have a blinkered, one-sided mentality.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast