+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Winter Break Is A B@llocks Idea

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    A winter break should include December, not fill December full of games.

How many family arguments is playing Celtic on boxing day going to cause?
    I'm coming home for a week and that's exactly what's just kicked off.........got 3 tickets for the game and created a ****storm.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I'm coming home for a week and that's exactly what's just kicked off.........got 3 tickets for the game and created a ****storm.
    At least you already know what the traditional family argument is going to be about this year. Give you plenty time to prepare your side of it.

It's a lot better than traditional arguments like someone having the turkey in the oven for 4 hours before realising it wasn't switched on.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    At least you already know what the traditional family argument is going to be about this year. Give you plenty time to prepare your side of it.

It's a lot better than traditional arguments like someone having the turkey in the oven for 4 hours before realising it wasn't switched on.
    In laws xmas day. Boxing day my folks.........leaving early - barney! Great to be home.

Summer football is definitely the way to go. Start the season in March and finish in November.

Of course it will never happen because the game in this country is run by f@cking stupid numpties who've never had an interesting idea in their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Summer football is definitely the way to go. Start the season in March and finish in November.

We can get worse weather in March/April than we do in December/January

I am in favour of anything that maximises Saturday 3pm games and minimises mid-winter 7.45 games so either summer football or winter football with no break would be fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We can get worse weather in March/April than we do in December/January
    Not very often, that's no reason to be against summer football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Not very often, that's no reason to be against summer football.
    Im against it as i like winter fitba. Its that simple. Winter is sh@te and fiba is the only good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

The most expensive month of the year for most people and they make it more expensive by upping the fans expenditure due to all the games
    This cannot be disputed. It displays in a nutshell how out of touch the goons are that run our game (into the ground)

Summer football is a misnomer. It's not when you play that you have to decide - it's when you dont want to play. Dump the break and you might manage to squeeze the season in to March - November like Jupiter suggested (would he go though?). That means:

you dont play December to February. That's great cos it'll give our grass pitches time to recover ... oops - no - the pitches will not be played on at a time the grass isn't growing. Look forward to poor pitch quality in March. (But we just hump it up to a donkey anyway).

pre-season in January and February? Players would love that.

playing matches at height of holiday season and competing against golf, tennis, BBQs, school trips, world Cup, Euros etc - do you still think crowds at Pittodrie would increase?

this year the opening matches would have been the weekend of The Beast from the East storm.

A suggestion - mibbi they could trial it with the Highland League to see if it works before going all in? It's not for me and I dont think it would improve our game but I also think that every avenue should be investigated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast