+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Winter Break Is A B@llocks Idea

The Winter Break Is A B@llocks Idea

I've always said we don't need it and its modern football w@nkery

They add in time off yet don't extend the season beyond May

The proof of the pudding is, we have a quarter of the season jammed in the month of December. 9 games in a month. We have been penalized for reaching the cup final (for all the good it did)

What was the actual reason for it starting up?

Pointless endeavour

They started it up to give me the opportunity for a wee winter break so I can go and watch Seville or Benfica or Valencia or anybody where the sun shines and I can get a touch of heat in my old knees.

For that reason I'm all for it.

It also allows Red John and Jupiter to catch up on their TV recordings.

I'm for it, actually I think it should be increased.
    we really should have a serious discussion about summer football

A winter break should include December, not fill December full of games.

How many family arguments is playing Celtic on boxing day going to cause?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    A winter break should include December, not fill December full of games.

How many family arguments is playing Celtic on boxing day going to cause?

Traditionally I like festive games, but three midweek games in December, when the temperature will get barely above 0, menas we should be playing these in July.
    Attendances would be better for a start.

Usual half hearted pish from the gestapo that run our game. If you are going to have a Winter break make it long enough to cover the worst months of the year and either start the season earlier or finish later. No doubt starting the season earlier would have aided our attempts at qualifying for the Europa league too.

I would also much rather have a switch to Summer football but that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post

I would also much rather have a switch to Summer football but that will never happen.
    Why, because it harms our national team's chances at the Euro's or World Cup.
    Time to get real and realise whats at best for our clubs.

I've always been surprised there is not a bigger push from the likes of Sky for Summer Fitba.

Folk used to often stop their sports subs for a few months (probably nae so easy these days).

Nae sure I am for it, but surely crowds would be bigger, telly money better and nae daft 1200 kick offs to fit in around guff schedules?

Surely its a 'USP' that Doncaster is always on about. God only knows how depressing the winter would be tho.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why, because it harms our national team's chances at the Euro's or World Cup.
    Time to get real and realise whats at best for our clubs.
    Because the gestapo that run our game do not want what is best for it and especially us fans. They are a closed shop that belong in another time answerable to no one.

Winter is pish and gloomy

Fitba is the only decent thing in winter

But if the beaks want to keep the break, start earlier or finish later and don't play a quarter of a season in a month. Its madness

The most expensive month of the year for most people and they make it more expensive by upping the fans expenditure due to all the games. F@cking fuds in charge in brain fart shocker
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 10-12-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast