+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegations against Jamie Robson, again.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agreed. the movie white chicks didnt offend anyone when two black guys dressed up as white girls, why should dressing as a lookie lookie man offend anyone?

2018 the year everyone is easily offended, offended by everyone and everything. Think the term 'snowflake' springs to mind...
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of it personally it was pretty obviously going to be controversial in this day and age. Do the club want publicity like this?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did it mean he had to black himself up though?
    Have never seen a white lookie lookie vendor, male or female reckon it would take the shine off the outfit.

Now if he’d dressed up as the Grand Wizard of the phukkin Ku Klux Klan, then yes, that would be a wee bit oot of order.

Phukkin PC brigade need to take a step back, it was a fancy dress doo ffs

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    He’s done nothing wrong , can nobody have a laugh nowadays without offending somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Defo not racist, offensive to some not all.

We have union reps marching thru the centre of Dundee with people hurling abuse about how white men are Nazis but this guy will get hounded for a fancy dress costume. Strange.

Not my club but I hope Utd tell the courier to **** off and don't pander to the permanently offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agreed. the movie white chicks didnt offend anyone when two black guys dressed up as white girls, why should dressing as a lookie lookie man offend anyone?

2018 the year everyone is easily offended, offended by everyone and everything. Think the term 'snowflake' springs to mind...

Agreed x3

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did it mean he had to black himself up though?
    I have been approached by hundreds of lookie lookie men in my life and not one of them has been white,so yes he had to black up to justify the costume he wore.

That's fine but surely it's fairly obvious a footballer doing this is going to attract negative publicity?

A sad sign of the times. A typical but not unexpected over-reaction. Robson could certainly have acted wiser, but lets's see the matter for what it is, rather than throw him in with ISIS, etc.

Sterling shpuld white up in retaliation!!

As you get older you begin to realise your nearer the end than the start of your life because you are at odds with the younger generation,am i a racist?,am i homophobic?,i would answer emphatically no to both question's.It is however true that i maybe found guilty on both count's by people 20 or 30 years younger than me for thinking Robson is completely innocent of any crime,that Ruth Davidson the Tory leader in Scotland has a hard neck bringing a baby into this world when she is a lesbian and i find two men kissing in the street disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    As you get older you begin to realise your nearer the end than the start of your life because you are at odds with the younger generation,am i a racist?,am i homophobic?,i would answer emphatically no to both question's.It is however true that i maybe found guilty on both count's by people 20 or 30 years younger than me for thinking Robson is completely innocent of any crime,that Ruth Davidson the Tory leader in Scotland has a hard neck bringing a baby into this world when she is a lesbian and i find two men kissing in the street disgusting.
    Yir no homophobic, but you find two men kissing in the street disgusting? That’s a scratchy heid ain is it no

what if it wiz twa fit burds, would you think that’s disgusting?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have got to stick up for Robson on this one,from what i have heard the players picked their costumes out of a hat and had to wear what they were allocated.
    Surprise, surprise, some people see the picture and rage without the full story, and the papers only report the same part of the story and we all have to be outraged! I wonder if it was Loemba or Edje who put that idea in the hat in the first place?

I also wonder how many of the enraged sang along with Jimmy Gomis.....?

GB, i must be of a similar age to you as my views are similar, but too many are allowed to have a tantrum about that and our views are seen as "Racist and Homophobic"! Gonna get worse before it gets better!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)