+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Allegations against Jamie Robson, again.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't see the huge deal especially if what GB says is true about pulling out of a hat

In general more is made out of things like this and people hung out to dry in today's UK than for example widespread abuse of white girls by gangs of mainly Pakistani Muslim men etc as we can't be seen to offend by talking truth

Yet if one bully boy that happens to be white and his victim non white he and his family are have to flee the home in through fear after widespread threats due to the snowflakes rounding on them, yet a video of non white bully boys battering a white boy appears, nothing
    The Tommy Robinson strawman narrative. Even manage to throw the word snowflake in. Thankfully the justice system locked up members of these gangs despite Tommy Robinson almost jeopardising one of the big cases against them with his grandstanding.

As for the Jamie Robson episode, feel a bit sorry for him, seems a bit naive rather than malicious. Robbie's comments are well measured and I suspect there others on this thread who could benefit from the same inclusion and diversity training that JR will be undertaking. It might educate them as to the historical reasons why such things are so dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If i could change one word in that post in hindsight it would be uncomfortable rather than disgusting,that is truthfully the way i feel.The rest of it i would not change.I also felt uncomfortable when Ruth Davidson walked into an election count hand in hand with her partner wreathed in smiles.
    Most posters on here know my political leanings so just to make it perfectly clear i would be uncomfortable if the SNP leader did the same as the Tory,FACT.
    You've probably found out or finding out you are not allowed to express your feelings and I feel the need to comment again.

The word respect is bandied around a lot by the liberal leaning but respect has to earned or given not be obligatory by law, tolerance is different.

Because I do not agree with homo***ual marriage, I'm not homophobic.

Because I have doubts about all religeon and particularly Islam at this time dosent make me islamaphobic.

Because I question if there is a gender pay gap dosenae make me mysoginistic.

Because I laugh with jim Davidson does not make me a racist.

Because I know there are only two genders does not make me transphobic.

In my world gunboat you are perfectly entitled to hold your views, in the country we now live you are ostracized.

To give a fitba analogy, I tolerate Arabs but do not respect their choices.😉

Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You've probably found out or finding out you are not allowed to express your feelings and I feel the need to comment again.

The word respect is bandied around a lot by the liberal leaning but respect has to earned or given not be obligatory by law, tolerance is different.

Because I do not agree with homo***ual marriage, I'm not homophobic.

Because I have doubts about all religeon and particularly Islam at this time dosent make me islamaphobic.

Because I question if there is a gender pay gap dosenae make me mysoginistic.

Because I laugh with jim Davidson does not make me a racist.

Because I know there are only two genders does not make me transphobic.

In my world gunboat you are perfectly entitled to hold your views, in the country we now live you are ostracized.

To give a fitba analogy, I tolerate Arabs but do not respect their choices.😉
    👏👏👏 well said

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    ...in the country we now live you are ostracized.
    In our country we spell ostracised with an 'S'.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    In our country we spell ostracised with an 'S'.
    But in the land of the free it's z 😁 my wee nod to the land of free speech....or it might just be bad spelling.

this has been an excellent thread!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    this has been an excellent thread!!!

Ken,abody getting on!
    Bit like the pipes of peace video.

There's a fine line when it comes to these issues. I don't think JR was doing anything other than being a daft young laddie, but he has to understand that what he did is offensive and isn't the behaviour young fans should be looking up to.

Some of the comments on here are hilarious and worrying in equal measure. A sentence that begins with 'Now I'm not a...' usually ends with the person saying something that demonstrates exactly the opposite.

The question regarding us being referred to as arabs is an interesting one though, I think you could definitely make a strong case for saying that it's an outdated and offensive nickname for us as supporters. Especially when you consider that football clubs have to have a global attitude nowadays when it comes to fan base and investment.

That said, if nobody actually comes forward and says it offends them, is it offensive?

Bit of a can of worms!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)